• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockix Revived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I grabbed overclockix.com, so we have that when/if we want to use it. It isn't resolving yet, will take some time for DNS to update.

Looks like it is working now for me... I have just redirected it to the article.

I think it would be more ideal for us to create a landing page on overclockers.com which provides a short description, downloaded options, and this thread link for questions and further info.

Please set up a tor RSS. Be nice to automate my seed box to grab and go.

have any quick and easy instructions on how to do so? i haven't messed with creating torrents a whole lot and have never really messed with RSS feeds before. :chair:

Yup, that was my initial thought Matt. However, if you'd prefer to use the webspace and have *total control*, it would definitely be better for that - we could get a bit more interesting with the "branding" of the overclockix page that way and making it look cool. If we go with redirecting to an overclockers page, that will keep us pretty locked down in the styling.

Any way we go, we'll want to have a couple options for download in addition to torrent. A simple HTTP download may be preferred by many - I'm with 1and1 and get pretty good bandwidth in my experience, or we could use your hosting.

I could help with a mirror if need be. Besides torrent options.

It is fishing season, so I won't be able to help with coding or scripts. I would be able to help do what I can when I am home. Or what my machines/internetz can do for the project.

my 'hosting' on which i keep overclockix.mbentley.net is a VPS i get for free through work (unlimited bandwidth, somewhat limited speeds and i am stuck on debian etch :p).

yeah, definitely need to keep HTTP downloads an option even though there are torrents available. i think there is still quite a bit to work on in terms of delivery method and the organization of everything.

as for adding additional mirrors, i could probably set up rsync and/or ftp synchronization scripts to upload to hosts. when i was with 1and1, i had a pretty nifty ftp upload script i used to keep my local copy of my website up to date with what i had at 1and1.

EW - what sort of hosting do you have available that you could possibly mirror from? is it a server you run yourself? os?

i think it would be very cool to have a dedicated site to the project at overclockix.com. i wasn't sure exactly how you went about buying the domain and everything so i wasn't exactly sure what all our options were. if you're paying for it yourself, let me know and i'd be happy to throw some $$ your way.

I found a host through one of our sister sites, webhosttalk.com - It is called Downtown Host. Shared hosting, but if I get hit, or have specific needs. I would deal with it as needed. My cap is not great, but they are awesome and work with customers. Geeks the whole lot of them running that show.
:D

My primary would be torrent, I would up the upload if need be. Right now, I give a 24/7 full/steady 50KB(400Kb/s), just for overclockix. Leaving some for me and my desires. If I had to.. I would give much more. Upwards of 600KB+.

Last edited:
I already pay for the hosting, so that I have a place to keep pet projects that I never have time to work on. It gets a little usage from linuxfah and c627627 domains.

Getting overclockix also didn't cost me anything... I had a couple included domains in my package I hadn't used yet, so this fit the bill.

hmm, well at the moment, i could use some suggestions on how i could make overclockix better and more useful to people when it comes to overclocking (stress testing, etc), uses as a troubleshooting distro, etc. i really just need another set of eyes on how it can be improved more.

When the wife goes away next or is otherwise engaged I'll take down the new sandy bridge desktop and use overclix to do some benching versus my i7 860. I would imagine that I should find some deficiences during testing (as I do with windows)

i'm not really sure how i missed splat's sticky Linux Stress Testing and Benchmarking :bang head
from that sticky, i found a few more packages that i would like to include for the next release which i plan on uploading tomorrow:
  • bonnie++
  • cpuburn
  • iftop
  • iperf
  • smartmontools
  • stress

they are all benchmark/stress test related and for the most part, all are very small in size which is always nice :)

i'm going to run through some build creation tests this afternoon and probably create the new builds tonight. if anyone has anything else they would like to suggest, please let me know asap and we'll see about getting it added in for this month. things are getting closer to a longer term build status from my point of view.

sure thing, i'll add it to the list. i've used tsclient in the past and i'd say it is my favorite remote desktop gui client.

Back