• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockix Revived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks. I've updated the link. I'm not sure if it was listed anywhere besides under 'Overclockix Packages' but it is fixed there.

...I really need to make a new release. I was previously working on adding hwbot_prime but I never got around to finishing that.

Oh, on a side note, I now have Overclockix building automatically via Jenkins using my docker container. This is pretty awesome because the builds went from taking about an hour total for all 4 down to about 45 minutes. I'm not sure where the performance increase came in exactly (I'm guessing it is from using docker).

Last edited:
Thats sweet! I can look into hosting the .iso images on my vps, (I have a TB of transfer) for the next release if you like

Looks like I will be able to get HWBOT Prime added. I've done some preliminary testing and it looks to be working well. I'm currently building it in my testing branch and if all goes well, I'll be pushing out a new version of Overclockix. I'm guessing it'll be sometime this weekend that I'll be able to get the testing done. It's been far too long since I have put out a new revision.

Would anyone be willing to take a look at these test builds to see if everything seems to be working, especially HWBOT Prime (found in System Tools) and network-manager?

http://www.overclockix.com/releases/testing/

They are working for me but it would be great if a few people could check on different hardware.

I am out of province right now but I will definitely make a note to run this on a couple of my laptops and my server when i get home

Just FYI to anyone still interested, I've been working on some changes to my build setup to make releases easier and I'm testing it out now. If all goes well, I will release the torrents and upload some new images today.

The new version will be the first in a version numbering change. I am basically just switching to following the Debian release version number that the build is based off of so this will be Overclockix 7.6.0.

Awesome, thanks! Let me add some more bandwidth for the torrents while I am at it... I haven't adjusted my limits since I upgraded my internet a while back and they're a little low.

Should be good now, thanks though. All four seem to have finished. If anyone else needs to pull the files to seed, the web server should max out your connection. :)

I am attempting to use Overclockix on a USB drive as a standalone test system for various servers. It is exactly what I've been looking for, but I have been unable to get a network loop-back over a crossover cable to work. I am trying to implement something like "send-to-self", but all attempts have failed. I would greatly appreciate any and all help setting this up. The servers I'm testing will have between 2 and 6 ethernet ports that I would like to connect in pairs 1->2, 3->4, 5->6.

Thanks,

Michael

I am attempting to use Overclockix on a USB drive as a standalone test system for various servers. It is exactly what I've been looking for, but I have been unable to get a network loop-back over a crossover cable to work. I am trying to implement something like "send-to-self", but all attempts have failed. I would greatly appreciate any and all help setting this up. The servers I'm testing will have between 2 and 6 ethernet ports that I would like to connect in pairs 1->2, 3->4, 5->6.

Thanks,

Michael

Sorry if I am not quite understanding what you're doing but can you not try to hit them directly by the IP of the NIC if you're assigning them manually? Otherwise, how are you setting up the NICs? Why not just use the localhost loopback? I am not sure what difference it makes whether you would be using localhost vs the actual network interface.

I am not sure what difference it makes whether you would be using localhost vs the actual network interface.
Is the poster trying to test network throughput? localhost won't do that. I'm not sure if you can get the stack to actually use the LAN on a multihomed host. I tried some simple testing using the actual IP and the stack was smart enough to not put the traffic on the LAN. It resulted in fast file transfers!

I don't know if anyone else has tried or done this, but I got this to work perfectly on a YUMI build.

My goal was to have a plethora of systems on my flash drive to use for diagnostics, repairs and tweaks (including overclocking, of course). So I went on down the list in YUMI and downloaded a few full desktop distros, as well as maintenance oriented ones like System Rescue CD, tested them and put the stick away. Then I remembered this project, so I came and downloaded it, installed it under Debian Live in the YUMI menu, and voila! Good to go, and the benchmarks are a great addition, gives you an idea of how much better the system performs overclocked vs stock.

Thank you guys, for your excellent work.

Bump from the past... I figured I should at least put out another release. This is version 7.8.0 which is based off of Debian Wheezy 7.8.0. No package changes; just security updates. See Get Overclockix for links.

Adding them now, as usual. Plenty of bandwidth and reliable. I'll continue to seed the prior release for few more days, then remove it.

I did notice that the /releases/i386/torrents/ directory on the site was not looking good.. Gave me an 403 error.

I just wanted to say thank you for making this release.
More than once I used it to show new Linux users - features and neatness of Linux based operating systems.

Last edited:
Removing the 7.6 files off my seedbox. Will continue to seed the current 7.8 release.

Back