• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockix Revived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interested in benching Overclockix

Greetings "Alternative Operating Systems" forum!!!

and especially all you ls -al's, hardy har har, get it!? ahhh, ok, you'll get used to me eventually, or not...

So yeah, Overclockix sounds cool. Been awhile since I have pwd'd!

I have some significant BSD background, as one would say. More emphasis on the BS...

And happen to have a rig that might be interesting to at least wet my feet with Overclockix.

So, I'll go through the outlined motions and see what happens. I am sure I will have questions along the way...

Basically I just wanted to introduce myself and get a feel for what is going on here.

Cheers

Overclockix compatible setup?

Before I dive in headfirst, can someone please verify that I can run overclockix on this setup. Thanks!

IMG_0664.JPG
WE_bios.jpg WhiteGhost.JPG

Yup, it'll run. It will work on any amd64 or i386 based system. We no longer ship the i386 derivative with the kernel to support 486s or older but it'll run fine on that system. It is essentially Debian but just with a bunch of software pre-installed that overclockers, system builders, and tech support folks might use. It is a live system as ihrsetrdr mentioned so it is meant to run from a cd, dvd, or usb stick. You can enable persistence to keep changes but it does run with an aufs file system so performance will be a little slower when writing to disk. Right now, I do not have a Debian Jessie (current stable) based build so this is based on wheezy (oldstable).

I previously had a script that would turn a vanilla Debian install into Overclockix but I haven't verified that it works on Debian Jessie. With that being said, the main focus isn't really to have an installable distro since it really is just Debian with specific applications installed.

Well Debian wasn't on my short list of distros to put on my flash drive this time around, but it is now. Trying a couple different flavors of Arch, plus OpenSUSE for old time's sake, and now this is on the list.

:thup:

Seeding hiatus is over :thup:

All torrents are seeded with a 10 Gbit/s (shared) seedbox.

Crawled out of my hole, and noticed the tracker is down.

openbittorrent.com: Error:

Back