• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED i5 2400 vs OC'd 965BE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

This is for my gf's computer. She does play FPS games. So I'm about to head down to pickup an i5 2400 + mATX H67 mobo for $194 AR/AC/after Tax. There are also deals on a 965BE + mobo for about $185 After Tax (my understanding is the 6 core amds are equal to 4 cores in gaming benchmarks).

Now I figure I'd be able to hit 3.8ghz or so on the 965BE (had one before). Considering the 2400 will pretty much be at stock, which would be the better buy?

EDIT: Alright, I'm just going to stick with the i5 2400 for her. Found this Gaming Benchmark (lol somehow skipped the gaming benchmark the first time.....). Considering that the 975 is clocked at 3.6ghz it's not too far off from the 3.8+ I was thinking of getting with the 965BE. The review works perfect since her monitor is 1680x1050 native.

Last edited:
Back