• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back-Up Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

After me dad's nice new SSD died without me backing up his stuff (Oooops :S) n then after my machine started playing silly bugger .. We decided to create a nice big lump of RAID10 storage to back-up all the machines too.. However now I'm stuck looking for software..

My server runs Windows Server 08 R2 SP1 if the software is client/server based, otherwise .. I simply want each machine to constantly back itself up to the RAID so if a drive fails I just need to flash the new one with the latest image.

I'm sure a fair few of you have had some experience with Back-Up software so... HELP! :shock: Which do I go for??

Any & all input appreciated :) :beer:

I am sure there is a ton of other free software but micrsoft makes a great one called Sync Toy. I use version 2.1. I like this software because it can backup with a scheduled task. I suggest that you at least look at it and since it is free you can "test drive" it. If you need any help with it let me know. Take care and good luck!

check out robocopy and the /mir switch ... simple command line stuff, built into win server 2008 and newer, and vista as well as win 7.... and can be easily installed on server 2k3 and win xp with the server 2k3 resource kit.

look like you're just doing a regular backup, why not just use windows backup?
raid10? seems way overkill for a backup device.

Back