• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound on my GB 890GPA-UD3H?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Over_G

Registered
I just finished my new build, and used the install disk ( Yeah,I know using the drivers off the site is better) Even though the non-functioning drivers from the disk were uninstalled and replaced with the audio driver from Gigabyte,I still have no sound on the real panel. Help?

I'm not sure this will help you now that have installed all the other chipset drivers but in my experience the audio driver sometimes needs to be installed manually before other chipset drivers or it just won't install correctly. I never use the auto "4 in 1" install routine. I install the chipset drivers one at a time starting with the audio. Also, make sure you have the latest Windows service pack and updates installed. I had a board whose audio chip driver would not work unless XP service pack 3 was in place.

I'm not sure this will help you now that have installed all the other chipset drivers but in my experience the audio driver sometimes needs to be installed manually before other chipset drivers or it just won't install correctly. I never use the auto "4 in 1" install routine. I install the chipset drivers one at a time starting with the audio. Also, make sure you have the latest Windows service pack and updates installed. I had a board whose audio chip driver would not work unless XP service pack 3 was in place.
I installed the updates,removed every other chipset driver ,and then reinstalled the sound driver,problem solved! Thanks trents :clap:

Glad it worked for you and thanks for letting me know. Just something to keep in mind for future builds that might save you some time.

Back