• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dos Bootable USB drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I need to boot into dos, and run a program of a USB drive.

There are a million instructions on google, and they all seem like a bunch of junk. I trust someone here knows a really easy way to make a USB stick that boots into DOS?

Once in DOS, I need to run this to fix a compatibility issue between my 2TB hard drives and the SB850 on my motherboard:
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/faqView.do?b2b_bbs_msg_id=308

Let me look into that for you. I have access to ms dos 6.22 from msdn, I will see if I can get that working and let you know if and how I do shortly. :beer:

Thanks repo man, the CD I made hung trying to boot. Trying your way now with USB.

...So many bad or outdated instructions out there, and half the stuff you try doesn't work.

I use BootDisk2BootStick and drdos.bin to make a bootable USB.

Attachments

• BootDisk2BootStick & drdos.bin.zip
    166.8 KB · Views: 257
Thanks repo man, the CD I made hung trying to boot. Trying your way now with USB.

...So many bad or outdated instructions out there, and half the stuff you try doesn't work.

The only problem I had was, when browsing to the folder where I had the Win98 boot files, I went down one folder too many (to the folder labeled CDROM) and would get the message that there were no DOS files in that folder. Other than that, it worked very well for me, and I've left that USB drive formatted that way just to save time in the future.

Repoman, that worked.

However I ran the samsung program and it appeared to do something, but it doesn't say if it worked or not, and my hard drive still isn't showing up in BIOS... I probably need to flash it from a board that can actually detect it in the first place. That would make sense. :D

UPDATE: Yup, I had to pick a couple different folders until I found the right one... But repo's method was actually very quick and easier than any of the other instructions I found.

I broke out my old DFI Lanparty board which recognizes these 2TB drives without a problem, and the HDD flash program went thru without a hitch.

Now to go back to the SB850 mobo and see if its happy. :)

Back