GTX 570 DCII on P8P67, too big?

Hi, I just bought but don't have it until next week a GTX 570 DirectCU II and i 'm worry about the thickness of it (2,5'') if I decide to go SLI in 1 year or so.

On the spec Nvidia says to check whith my MB spec but I can't find anything about it.
    Cause when you look at it it's very big.

ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5

Thanks for your help.

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Honestly, in a year, that card is going to be so outdated that running them in SLi is not going to be worth it. Sorry I can't answer your question directly.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, it would probably fit. But, it still isn't worth it. Not only would the card be outdated, the lower card would restrict the top card's intake as well as raiding in intake temperature.
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

First, i don't think the card is gonna be outdated, and in a year or so, the card will be half priced. Many people on these forums still use a gtx460 to play most of the games.
    For the space between the two cards, i know that's gonna be tight but when I look at people using 4 cards like gtx580 in SLI , i don't think it's gonna be worst. Thank's anyway

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    I mean outdated as in it would be better to sell the card and get a single better one. SLi is only good if you are running the fastest single card out there and want more performance. Anything other than that is pretty much a waste.
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by thideras View Post
    I mean outdated as in it would be better to sell the card and get a single better one. SLi is only good if you are running the fastest single card out there and want more performance. Anything other than that is pretty much a waste.
    In your opinion. Most people on this forum and others would not agree with you. In fact most say its best to get what you can afford now and then get a second card when the price drops in half.

In your situation OP, It might not be such a awesome idea to sli this card as the top card might get hot cause of the reduced airflow. I seen either a thread or review on this card being sli'd but I can't find it at the moment.
    OLD Rig/Too lazy to update newer rig
    Intel I7 920 @4.0ghz | Prolimatech Megahalems | Asus P6T | 12 gigs OCZ GOLD DDR3 1600 | ATI Saphire 4870 X2 2gig
    60gig OCZ Vertex SSD, 1Tb WD BE | Audigy 2 ZS Plat | Klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 speakers | Cooler Master CM-830 Stacker

Backup Rig
    Intel C2Q Q6600 | Asus P5W-DH Deluxe | 4 gigs G.Skill DDR2 800 | Nvidia 8800 GTX
    750gig

My Heat

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    I definately agree with thiddy. Though I agree more towards MIDRANGE cards like a 460 1GB.

HOWEVER in a 'year OR SO' I would still NOT go SLI with a 570, but would sell the 570 and buy a better single card (less hassle, less power consumption, less heat in the case, etc). SLI is really only for those with 2560x1600 res or multi monitor setups or that benchmark.

As far as if it will fit. Measure the distance between PCIe slots.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Ok thanks for the answers. Yes the gtx570 would fit in Sli but very close from the other one. The thing is, when i look at games like Crysis2, it seems like you need to have powerful graphic card to run it smoothly. So, the games that will be release in the next months are gonna be even harder to play.
    Do you think i'll be able to play it with good fps with the gtx570 ?
    I just bought this new build and come from far with my P4, radeon 9000.

I7 2600k
    Asus P8P67 Evo
    G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4G 1600Mhz ddr3
    Intel SSD x25-m 80G Sata2
    WD CaviarBlack 1T 7200rpm 64M Sata3
    Asus GTX570 DirectCUII
    NZXT Phantom Black
    Corsair 850W TX
    Noctua-Nh-D14
    MS Win 7 64bits