• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone else gambled on the Biostar TP67B+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Checked HT and it was not it. Also did you change anything on the other pages that I might need to be aware of?

True, but thats the first setup I have seen that cant break 4.5Ghz...

Since you are seeing splash screens, its not a multi issue, but a voltage issue. It may be that board has poor regulation...

What PSU do you have?

It might be a core wall. I seen chips with a wall show something, but still xtremely unstable even with the Vcore maxed. (But can't even get to desktop, even with the Vcore turned all the way up.)

If thats the case then my wall is really low. I am rock solid stable at 1.28 vcore at 4.4 .

Here you go:

one1.jpg

one2.jpg

one3.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I am almost positive I had what you got there but I will grab the laptop and sit it on the desk and go over the settngs as i look at your pics. I will see what I come up with.

Back with results later.

Aldemon,

Couple questions (for my own preparation to buy):

1. What's the significance between "CPU request Vcore" and "CPU Vcore Fixed?"

2. CPU ratios are only whole numbers (IE: 47.5 is not available)?

Aldemon,

1. CPU request VCORE is some kind of VCORE table that depends on the speed. I think it's used to calculate the base for Offset but it's not the base.

2. Only whole numbers are available. Are 0.5 multis were available with SB? I didn't think so.

Last edited:
Aldamon you got me past the hump. I think where I messed up was not enabling the internal PLL override voltage. I am typing this at 4.9 1.41 vcore. I can't stay here because of the heat but it's cool.

So what can I start backing down besides vcore? What exactly does the PLL override voltage do? Can I start backing down the Power limits and cpu core current till I get instability? I am going to shoot for 4.7 stable.

Thanks again

Aldamon you got me past the hump.

Sweet.

So what can I start backing down besides vcore?

Lowering the Vcore is the only thing I'd worry about. Hopefully we will get a BIOS that fixes/improves Vcore Offset. We really need negative values in order to use it when overclocked. That will help with Idle power consumption.

What exactly does the PLL override voltage do?

PLL override voltage was added to basically all P67 BIOS to get people past the OC walls early in SB's life. I'm not really sure what it does but it works. Sorry I left it out before. I thought you had it enabled already.

Can I start backing down the Power limits and cpu core current till I get instability?

No, don't touch those values. If you set them too low, your CPU will be throttled when you exceed the limits, which is easy to do at 4.7 GHz and 1.3xV. 4.7 should be a good overclock with spring/summer coming. That's why I settled there.

I need to get a new case since my airflow sucks. I have settled at 4.6 for now. Priming at 1.332 and see what I get.

Hi aldamon. Thanks so much for the settings/screenshots. I just assembled my rig yesterday and tried to stabilize the OC first. I achieved 4.5GHz easily at stock settings. I got a bit frustrated because I can boot up to 46-48x but CPUZ would just show up to 45x.

Then I came upon this forum. Ran prime95 for an hour at 47x and decided to have 4.7GHz as my sweet spot on air at 1.36V / CL7-8-7-24.

Thanks again dude. This guide would surely help all those guys like me who were looking for good feedbacks of this awesome but affordable motherboard.

Hi aldamon. Thanks so much for the settings/screenshots. I just assembled my rig yesterday and tried to stabilize the OC first. I achieved 4.5GHz easily at stock settings. I got a bit frustrated because I can boot up to 46-48x but CPUZ would just show up to 45x.

Then I came upon this forum. Ran prime95 for an hour at 47x and decided to have 4.7GHz as my sweet spot on air at 1.36V / CL7-8-7-24.

Thanks again dude. This guide would surely help all those guys like me who were looking for good feedbacks of this awesome but affordable motherboard.

No problem. I'm glad the TP67B+ is getting some attention because it's a really nice board. One more BIOS revision should make it perfect.

No problem. I'm glad the TP67B+ is getting some attention because it's a really nice board. One more BIOS revision should make it perfect.

Aldemon,

Nice job helping out and thank you for answering my SB BIOS questions too. :thup:

Just about the time one gets to know their old BIOS well, it all gets changed............

Aldemon,

CPU request Vcore seems to be related to the chips VID... (if not the actual VID). It is a non adjustable reading in the BIOS. I have a TP67XE and I've binned a few SB and my highest request vcore sample was 1.265v while my lowest was 1.200v. In my experience the lower the request vcore the better the chip will o.c. with lower vcore voltages. I'm not sure about the TP67B+ but the XE has four different vcore options/settings... auto, spec, fixed and offset.

Last edited:
PLL voltage override shouldn't have been necessary at that point (4.4)...........

Regardless, glad you got sorted Wyno. :beer:

offset should let you manually adjust it, no?

Yeah, but the problem is there are no negative values to select and the base VCORE is too high. I set it to 0 and I think it was still in the 1.45V+ range under load. I need a -0.1V setting (that I believe other boards have) to use Offset.

Back