• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone else gambled on the Biostar TP67B+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have been playing around on this board and am finding it to be quite surprising. I do have one strange issue, I can change the multiplier to something higher than reported in cpuz. ie - multiplier set to 50 (boots no issue) - cpuz showing multi of 47? Do 2500K have hard multi walls? :shrug:

Reviving an old thread... I have this motherboard and cpu combo (tp67b+ and i5 2500k)... My problem is that when I bump up the multiplier/cpu ratio, it always reverts back to the original default 33 setting. I've tried settings from this youtube guide...
and also settings from this thread which seems to have a lot of useful info.

The only setting that really seems to stick when rebooting is the vcore.

So then I tried bumping up just from 33 to 34 (instead of aggressively trying for 45 or more). This also made it revert back to 33. Of course, I save the changes in the bios before rebooting. It boots normally, but when I check bios settings, always back to 33. Overclocking guru's, any ideas what the problem could be? My temperatures are low, never above 40 degrees). Seems that most get close to 4.5GHz. Bad chip? motherboard? need more watts in power supply? I admit that I'm pretty clueless about overclocking, any possible basic help on what to try first appreciated.

some specs of this system:
BIOSTAR TP67B+ LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
XFX AMD Radeon HD 6770 Graphics Card
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632 (0F12117) 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Have you updated the bios to the latest revision? I'm running that board and a 2500K and have no problems keeping a 47 multi set. If you haven't updated the bios, then do that first and then try setting the multi up from 33.

Thanks for the idea but yes I did already update the bios to the newest revision with the mouse interface, unfortunately. Actually I had wondered about trying to see if there were any way to change back to an older version in case the newer revision was a problem.

I forgot to add that at one point I set the multiplier to 45 and on rebooting, it did stick at 40 the next time I checked the bios. I tried some other new settings trying to get higher and once after setting it on 45, it stuck on 38. Now, no matter what value I put in there, it reverts back to 33.

Seems like an unusual problem, maybe my board is just broken.

Another thing I noticed is that when I set everything to optimum/default, sometimes the initial main bios screen says my RAM is 1333 and sometimes 1600. I don't know if that is relevant to anything.

Also, I've messed around some with the t-overclocker program in windows and when I run the auto overclocking test, it runs until the computer freezes up and then reboots, then reverts back to 33.

You've probably solved your issue by now but for anyone else looking for a solution, I just updated my TP67B+ (V6.2) bios to the new revision and had the same problem with the multiplier not saving. Well, the fix is simple (not that I wasn't stumped for awhile). Use the "+" key to adjust the multiplier upward. If you try to type the number, it looks like it will save, but will always revert back to the original when you hit "save and reset". This threw me off because in the old bios, you could simply type the multiplier and save with no problem.

flenn1, I had given up on this problem and your solution worked! Thank you very much for taking the time to post this. By raising the multiplier using the + key, it did save fine in the bios. I had typed in the number countless times only to have it revert back, very frustrating. Now, I'm running stable @4.7 What an odd, quirky problem, I probably would have never figured it out, thanks again.

Wow, I'm so glad that this helped you. I was pretty sure that you had found a solution or moved on. I almost talked myself out of it when I realized that I had to register, but thought that someone at some point might benefit (this thread comes up high on Google when searching "tp67b+"). Anyway, enjoy a great overclock. That's a big difference over stock!

Hello!

I know this is an old thread, but i also could only find this for my motherboard on all of the interwebs lol.

Ok so, ive had my rig at 4.2ghz just by changing the four turbo's and nothing else for a year and a half now and ive decided to try and push my rig a bit farther. I got a few questions:

1. Why does the guy with the screenshots have the CPU multiplier 100mhz below his turbo, why not just leave it at 33?
2. What would be the best way to adjust my voltage, there are four ways to do so in my bios. The voltage it auto selects for me is 1.325 volts.
3. What is the max safe voltage you guys consider for a 2500k? My CPU never goes above 58c with the stock volts, i think i have a lot of room to play with.

I think i had more questions but i forgot them lol. Any info on this board paired with a 2500k would be appreciated (especially from someone who owns this board with the new bios, i just got updated it tonite).

Welp it seems i have the worst 2500k ever produced : (

I copied the settings from the guy on page 2 (enabling PLL override, increasing CPU amp and power limits etc etc) and the best i could do is boot into windows at 4.7ghz but it instantly crashed when i opened prime 95 (i set volts even higher than he did, 1.39).

So i said screw it and just went back to my safe 4.2 with no PLL override and stock volts lol.

For reference purposes, my 2600k takes 1.45v to do 4.8ish.
Some chips you have to be rather liberal with the voltage. I wouldn't run it at 1.45v 24/7 though.

Here you go:

one1.jpg

one2.jpg

one3.jpg

Hi I'm hoping you could reply me aldamon. I just tried all your settings and it's actually working so far so good. Would there be a reason you could give me as to why your CPU Power Limit 1 & 2 are set so high? What do those do?

I set mine at 200. Hopefully it's fine. Also, does my PSU affect my CPU overclock in any way?

Back