• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone else gambled on the Biostar TP67B+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After I got up to 4.6 and running for over 2 days , I decided to try for 4.7 today just to see what the temps would be stable. I restarted and upped the vcore .2 and no go. I had to bump it to 1.4 to get to 4.7. So I decided to just go back to 4.6. Well now I can't even go back to 4.6 unless I keep the vcore up to 1.4. Just restarting my PC I lost what I had. I am now back at 4.4 . I wonder how long until we get a bios revision. I like the possibilities this board brings but getting fed up with the inconsistancies.

After I got up to 4.6 and running for over 2 days , I decided to try for 4.7 today just to see what the temps would be stable. I restarted and upped the vcore .2 and no go. I had to bump it to 1.4 to get to 4.7. So I decided to just go back to 4.6. Well now I can't even go back to 4.6 unless I keep the vcore up to 1.4. Just restarting my PC I lost what I had. I am now back at 4.4 . I wonder how long until we get a bios revision. I like the possibilities this board brings but getting fed up with the inconsistancies.

I saw this behavior with my 2600K and MSI P67S-C43 and it was not a great overclocker. After a failed overclock, frequently my old, slower settings would no longer work if I tried them immediately after the failure. It was like some kind of fail-safe was tripped in the CPU. Shut down your rig and remove power. Let it settle for a while and then retry your old stable settings/voltage. They should work.

If they still don't work, it's possible you god a dud CPU. We have the same board after all and I'm not seeing these problems.

I had the same thought right after my last post and before you responded. I just powered down for 30 mins and redid my settings and its back up at my 4.6 OC no problem. So this is more likely a cpu issue than a board issue I'm guessing?

Ya, I don't like it. After I was able to get in because of the settings you shared I was able to go up and down the spectrum with different OC's. I reboot after 2 days of being stable and I can't get JACK. That is really annoying. At least I know now how to get back to where I was. I think I will just leave it at 4.6 for now until I get a new case with better airflow. The older I get the less noise I like, these fans running full throttle are getting to me.

It came with the most recent bios. Cuda mentioned about the LLC actually being disabled when it says enabled. I am going to try that in the morning over coffee

Hi Wyno. This BIOS version is 04.06.04? Is this the same with P67CF217.BST dated 2011-02-17 in their website?

I get a blue screen even by just surfing. I was typing awhile ago then I got it again. I doubt it that it's my oc settings since it passed prime95 blend and in place large FFTs for at least an hour. Memtest86+ ran for 2 hours and it also passed.

The drivers of USB, LAN and audio were updated last night. Any suggestion guys?

Revert back to stock and see if it happens. If it doesnt, then its something in your overclock.

I get a blue screen even by just surfing. I was typing awhile ago then I got it again. I doubt it that it's my oc settings since it passed prime95 blend and in place large FFTs for at least an hour. Memtest86+ ran for 2 hours and it also passed.

The drivers of USB, LAN and audio were updated last night. Any suggestion guys?

One hour of Prime is not sufficient. Also, try Small FFTs with SB.

Have you guys seen any info the the limits of this board?

I have a chip that seems pretty decent. I see a couple guys here have done 4.7, does anyone know if these boards can do higher (stable I mean)?

I'm kind of deciding on if I want a more budget board or if I should spend the money on a higher end board (still under $200 though).

sidenote: I see this board isn't SLI certified, would it do SLI or is that not possible? (I doubt I'd even be using 2x cards, but just curious)

Have you guys seen any info the the limits of this board?

I have a chip that seems pretty decent. I see a couple guys here have done 4.7, does anyone know if these boards can do higher (stable I mean)?

I'm kind of deciding on if I want a more budget board or if I should spend the money on a higher end board (still under $200 though).

sidenote: I see this board isn't SLI certified, would it do SLI or is that not possible? (I doubt I'd even be using 2x cards, but just curious)

Well I ended up just buying the ASRock P67 Extreme4. Looks like it will take a chip to 5+Ghz pretty easy and it has SLI and CrossfireX. Hopefully I'm not wasting my money! Got it at SuperBiiz and also got a G6950 for another project so I was able to use a $15 off $200 or more coupon. So I got the board for $150 shipped!

Those ASRock P67s are already B3s? They haven't shipped the B3s yet in my area but I've heard that they will soon. Only ASRock was the last one to put the fixed boards on the shelves.

Good luck on your new purchase. Let us know if it will hit 5G.

Those ASRock P67s are already B3s? They haven't shipped the B3s yet in my area but I've heard that they will soon. Only ASRock was the last one to put the fixed boards on the shelves.

Good luck on your new purchase. Let us know if it will hit 5G.

It is listed on the SUperbiiz site as a B3, so I sure hope it is! :D

LINK

And if you bring the cart up over $200 you can use this coupon for $15 off: MAD15
I believe the coupon expires after tomorrow

It is listed on the SUperbiiz site as a B3, so I sure hope it is! :D

LINK

And if you bring the cart up over $200 you can use this coupon for $15 off: MAD15
I believe the coupon expires after tomorrow

I sent them a hate letter, see the vendor subsection. I wanted to purchase the Extreme4 as well, it was either this board or the Extreme4. The problem is Ewiz was charging $17 to ship a motherboard. I am not stupid, and I sent them a letter to explain my thoughts. (I am a past customer)

Im struggling to find the relevance of this post aside to slander a company in which you have had logical explanations for the different cost of shipping in that thread...(PS dont reply, it was rhetorical).

Even with their shipping prices I saved $25 over what it would have cost me at newegg (So even without the coupon I saved almost $10 over newegg)

EDIT: And it's already been shipped

I tried running Prime95 using small FFTs last night for 9hrs and it passed. I wonder what's causing the BSODs.

Your timings are very aggressive, even though I'm sure they're the stock timings. Have you tried loosening them a bit? You won't notice a difference.

Back