• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What does you're f@h setup look like?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice. I had a picture from jdsparks21 of a 300 ps3 farm at the airforce base

I don't know if he still has the picture or not.

I recall seeing something like that. . . I had one similar with a 200 PS3 setup in racks wonder if I can find that thing again.

Been talking a few of my folding buddies to move over to team 32 because their rigs are well amazing. The one buddy has 3 x 48u racks filled with servers doing nothing but folding. . . he still won't tell me what his electric bill is a month :rofl:

Been talking a few of my folding buddies to move over to team 32 because their rigs are well amazing. The one buddy has 3 x 48u racks filled with servers doing nothing but folding. . . he still won't tell me what his electric bill is a month :rofl:

Yup get them to switch!!!!!!

This is a cheap build from free parts. It's my current workstation running Ubuntu 10.10. It will get replaced for Christmas 2011. ~1300ppd with evening Eclipse/Java development.

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Motherboard w/2gb DDR400 Ram
AMD Athlon 64 4400+ x2 2.2ghz
Zalman CPU Cooler
Sapphire 1G Radeon HD 4850
Maxtor 200gb ATA
Ultra 500w power supply
Asus VH238H 23" monitor, not free

All that was laying out on the desktop. Ran cool enough but took up too much space. I added an old Micron Home PC putty colored case doctored with a few cans of Krylon. The inside and back was painted matte black. The outside got a coat of Hammered Metal Black.

20110506005401.jpg

20110529153454.jpg

20110529160837.jpg

Yep, crappy cell phone pictures. The monitor actually looks great.
20110529163343.jpg

Last edited:
Geejuss, where did you get those FANS?

AWOOOOGA fans to be sure! :clap:

Nice rig there, FreeAgent

Thanks man, I actually took a bunch of fans off so you could see the computer :D

I got them from Neuromancer in 2006 or 2007, I have 3 and they have all been good to me :) They are fairly loud ish at full speed, and it definately sucks to get your fingers or knuckles nearby ;)

What heatsink is that? Looks like a V6 with all the plastic covers off and 2 new fans attached :) or is that a Hyper 212 plus?

Its an old school Ultra120 Extreme, circa 2007 :thup:

2x Panaflo NMB-MAT model# FBA12G12M 85cfm

I thought the were rated higher for some reason :shrug:

Hahaha freeagent! Who needs a steenking case anymore?:D I'm going to have to install my 2600K in a case as it's still on my table and there's not much room and I don't want to accidentaly pull a cable and throw it to the floor while I'm driving by, I don't have a custom built rackmount like you.;):soda:

Too bad -bigadv takes such a hard hit :(

This setup would be a lil more then 100k ppd if the gpu clients didnt rob cpu cycles :bang head

I just gamed on it for the first time...

OMG. Its disgusting. I have (neither has my gf) never seen such a vulgar display of power and beauty. It is really disgusting! :D

I have absolutely no use for a thrid.. unless I was trying to compete with 2x 580s :D

She was a huge PS3 fan, even 360 but 10 minutes ago she couldnt stop smack talking them lol :thup:

just a question, but why are people building crazy top notch rigs, or running 27 i7s just for folding? What is this craze and what am i missing?

Oh I've read all that, but it seems like there is some cult following for it. I mean in the end while it is great for mankind, electricity for running computer (as well as space in your house) is expensive.

Then I would say its time to try F@H, But I warn you once you fold.....
....their is no turning back! soon youll be building puters, bigger, stronger, and faster... May the Force be with you!

Last edited:
Back