• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What does you're f@h setup look like?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh I've read all that, but it seems like there is some cult following for it. I mean in the end while it is great for mankind, electricity for running computer (as well as space in your house) is expensive.
Well, some have gone off the deep-end of folding but for the most part folks are reasonable and within a budget as this is a non-tax refundable donation to the cause. Why not load a uniprocessor client and just fold whenever you're on the machine surfing or doing e-mails etc., not like us folding fools?:D As everybody always says, every bit helps.:cool: Besides, we enjoy it.;)

Seriously, I'm the only one who's computer area looks like this?

img20110625193732.jpg

Also
img20110524224404.jpg

This is the 1090T rig in my sig, undervolted (if you notice the PC placement, it's the only place I had and it exhausts the air into the corner...just to keep it from overheating due to hot air recycling [even undervolted] I had to buy that little fan from Wal-Mart to move the hot air out) and overclocked to 3.4GHz. It's my school computer, so the only time it is strictly folding is 5-6 hours a day maximum.

I'm hoping to part/sell my "home" computer and use that money to buy a 2600K setup strictly for folding.

I'm also thinking about different case/case placement options for this rig so I'll be able to properly overclock. Sure, I'm 200MHz faster than stock, but I'm also undervolted to keep temps in check. I'd love to be able to get to 4GHz, but until I can get this heat problem solved...I can't give it any more voltage.

Attachments

• 2011-09-06_23-56-46_510.jpg
    2011-09-06_23-56-46_510.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 311
This is the 1090T rig in my sig, undervolted (if you notice the PC placement, it's the only place I had and it exhausts the air into the corner...just to keep it from overheating due to hot air recycling [even undervolted] I had to buy that little fan from Wal-Mart to move the hot air out) and overclocked to 3.4GHz. It's my school computer, so the only time it is strictly folding is 5-6 hours a day maximum.

I'm hoping to part/sell my "home" computer and use that money to buy a 2600K setup strictly for folding.

I'm also thinking about different case/case placement options for this rig so I'll be able to properly overclock. Sure, I'm 200MHz faster than stock, but I'm also undervolted to keep temps in check. I'd love to be able to get to 4GHz, but until I can get this heat problem solved...I can't give it any more voltage.

Nice little setup. Not like the rest of us who have stuff all over the place. Have you tried turning the computer around and having it exhaust into the room? The way you have it now, the exhaust concentrates into the corner and builds up.

Nice little setup. Not like the rest of us who have stuff all over the place. Have you tried turning the computer around and having it exhaust into the room? The way you have it now, the exhaust concentrates into the corner and builds up.
I think I'm going to have to. I'm just wasting so much potential undervolted like I am.

And yeah, I'm a neat freak. So I freaked out when I got this new apartment. The desk is solid in the back so I can't run any cables. Therefore I can't put my PC in the floor, so I have all my cables just sitting on the desk behind the monitors. It goes against my very essence lol.

Soon I'm planning on getting a cheap L-desk to put in the corner on the right and bring my other rig here to play around with *nix on, learning that in preparation of getting a 2600K folding rig.

Some of my 2p rigs.

Two EVGA SR-2s with OC'ed Xeon L5640s.

Another EVGA SR-2 with OC'ed Xeon X5675s.

An ASUS KGPE with Opteron 6174's

AND the 4p.... /DRUMROLL :attn:

Last edited:
Wow.. those are pretty bad@#$ !!

I havent been folding lately, tsk tsk.. Its -40 out right now, probably a good time to fire em up :thup:

My meager PPD :facepalm:

Here's sig rigs #1 on the right and #2 on the left, cleverly disguised as chairs...
Mike Droid 141.jpg

Little better view
Mike Droid 143.jpg

Not much to look at up close really, just xigmatek asgard black boxes, but here's 1...
Mike Droid 145.jpg

...and 2
Mike Droid 144.jpg

#3. 4 looks exactly the same but its boss is getting her beauty sleep right now.
Mike Droid 146.jpg

Lastly but not leastly, #5
Mike Droid 147.jpg

And just for kicks, some slightly comical pics of #5s home upstairs in the ex-mancave. It looks like a back room at the Egg or NCIX right now - I build quite a few machines for family etc. The cards on the memory foam blob chair are "vintage". 8800GTX on bottom, 7900GT, 6600GT.

Mike Droid 150.jpg
Mike Droid 151.jpg
Mike Droid 152.jpg

Just starting out but here is my current setup. One day I will have a dedicated F@H rig but that day is not any day soon. Specs are in sig.
2012-01-21_16-42-09_569.jpg
2012-01-08_20-23-45_860.jpg

Last edited:
Back