• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use built in and external vga?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hello guys

I just bought myself 2x 19" flatscreens for my secondary system the system is my "test" rig.

Being that i dont care abouyt it, and actually found it in a dumpster, i dont wise to spend money on it. (Dont be confused about just buying 2x screens for it, i got both for the total sum of 38$)

This rig has a built in GPU - VGA output and i have an old Asus gfx card i have used for it at times. This card has 1x VGA output and 1x DVI.

What i need to know is, can i run both the built in VGA and the external card VGA for dual monitor, or does the onboard disable itself once external vga card is found to be installed?

I run Triple monitor setup on my main rig, but it has 2x gfx cards. I have never tried with internal and external combo?

It may disable itself, but that is dependent on the motherboard and how they designed it. If you have the system, the best thing you can do is try it. You may be waiting forever for an answer, or you can just do it.

Last edited:
Back