• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 7 "wake from sleep" log?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

I'm having a small problem right now with my PC waking up from Sleep with no input from me. I have a strong suspicion it has to do with my X-10 receiver, as I had been seeing a signal from a remote no one in my household owns in the EventGhost logs.

Is there a log in Windows 7 that I can check to see exactly what triggered the wake from sleep?

And if it does happen to be the X-10 receiver, how can I disable its ability to wake the computer from sleep, without having to physically disconnect it every single time or having to disable all other USB devices?

Last edited:
Find it in device manager, go to the power tab of properties, and there should be an option that says "allow this device to wake the computer." Turn that off, and you should be good to go.

Can't help ya on the logs though.

Find it in device manager, go to the power tab of properties, and there should be an option that says "allow this device to wake the computer." Turn that off, and you should be good to go.

Can't help ya on the logs though.

That was the first place I looked. Either the power management tab is not there for the USB device, or its only available on the Hub, in which case it's grayed out.

I also tried out the mouse, which for some reason is wakeing the computer simply by moving it, so any little jolt or bump would wake the computer. I turned it off which eliminated the mouse, but when I came home for work just now, the computer was on again.

But I did find a pretty in depth page dealing with Wake/Sleep issues on Vista that should also apply to 7 (and so far the cmd prompt queries do). This time it is the X-10 receiver that woke the computer up.

For anyone else who may have similar issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

Something else related for those who want to tweak their systems:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/robmar/arch...nergy-windows-7-power-management-reports.aspx

Last edited:
Back