• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU whine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lab Rat

Ive posted before about my PSU whine.

I replaced my Corsair 650tx for a 950tx because of the high pitched coil whine, but straight away I am getting this same feedback noise just not as irritatingly bad.

Corsair support tells me its either a component or dirty mains:

If two PSUs are getting the same noise, then that would suggest either there is a back power feedback coming from one of the components in the system or you have noisy power source.

Bad feedback could be coming anyone of your components. The best and the only way to troubleshoot it is process of elimination. setup the system with bare minimum components and then swap out each component one at a time until you find the cause. Noisy power source, you will probably need to have a certified electrician to check and repair for you.

The only components I have running are my GPU & SSD. I cant take my GPU out as mobo doesnt have on board graphics.
Could be my soundcard I might try taking out.

Any suggestions appreciated.

My Corsair only makes noise when the input voltage is too low, specifically when it is running on the battery backup. That may be a good place to start.

I think ive narrowed it down to my SSD causing the whine. seems what others have concluded & Its fine in BIOS.

The problem has been narrowed down to adobe flash, whenever this is enabled it starts ringing. vsync doesnt help either, I am going to try & RMA my GPU.

Back