• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Activation windows is blank?! (missing graphics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

So im working on my friend's computer and did a repair install of windows XP pro on top of his XP pro. When i go to activate, this comes up...

IMG_20110326_173210.jpg

not sure what to do. Ive tried registering a few dlls, ive tried looking into some registry stuff (maybe not the right things), and i saw a microsoft article on this and it didnt help. Any ideas? Really really dont want to reformat.

From my experience if a friend's pc is borked just reinstall clean and then show them what a backup image is for.

Yeah I've never had a repair install do anything in Windows, except make it worse. I'd backup and wipe and reload.

Well i made some progress kind of. I created a new user profile then tried activating again and it let me, the window actually showed this time. But then the key wouldnt activate and i know its legit. Tried another legit key and updated then got a new installation ID but he box where the ID was supposed to be was blank. I had enough at that point and reformatted. Thanks anyways.

Back