• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with unlocking Cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpoynter01

Hello

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum, and I apoligize if not. I'm new to unlocking cores and purchased a Motherboard/Process deal from Microcenter. I purchased a A780L3G AM3 760G mATX mother board, and a AMD Phenom II X2 560 processor. Has anyone unlocked all 4 cores with this mother board? I went into the BIOS and unlocked the cores but when saving and restarting there is new video. I have to clear the CMOS to get it to come back on then states "unlocking failed" Any ideas?????

Moved this to the AMD Motherboard forum for you,m hopefully someone here can help. Welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Give the CPU voltage a bump and the CPU-NB a small bump in voltage as well.

Give the CPU voltage a bump and the CPU-NB a small bump in voltage as well.

I changed under the performance tab "advanced clock calibration" to all cores. I changed the cpu over volate to +0.10V and the cpu-nb to +0.10V i save and exit and then it goes to a black screen? had to power off the computer twice. third time it boots says unlocking failed. F2 to start with normal settings or del to enter setup again. so I changed each to +0.20V and does the same thing?

Set the CPU-NB to 1.2v. You may have given it too much. I think stock is something like 1.175.

Last edited:
Well then try it with no CPU-NB added but just some extra CPU voltage.

Back