• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Sparkle Calibre X580 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would, but probably not this week. I'm very sorry; we just have family visiting and I won't have time to rip it apart.

That said, there is only the MOSFET / vRAM sink. Some of the RAM is open without heat sink and the chipset uses a giant thermal pad.

are these videocards binned? i'm trying to decide between the sparkle calibre and the ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II. the asus costs $60 less, seems like it has more efficient voltage regulation, but the heatsink isnt as good. i will not be doing any extreme ln2 cooling, just using the heatsink that comes with the gpu.

I would think they do a little with the warrantied overclock, but the oc itself isn't a stretch with most 580's. Don't have a directCU II to compare directly unfortunately. If you want quiet and great cooling though, it's hard to go wrong with the sparkle.

i see that they dont put heatsinks on the vram, though if you buy the arctic cooling heatsink seperately they include ram heatsinks. are vram heatsinks even necessary for a higher vram oc?

Well, there's not really any way (other than hard-mod) to increase voltage on the memory, so I'd say it's likely not needed. The aluminum heat sink for the MOSFETs under the main heat sink does cover several vRAM chips but you're correct, it doesn't cover all of them.

i ordered this card from newegg and it arrived a couple days ago. i installed it and have been running benchmarks. the heatsink on this card is massive but it works great. load temps at stock voltages with this x580 are lower than idle temps with a reference gtx470. it has yet to go above 58c when overclocked and doesnt make sound.

the highest overclock i can make stable in all apps is 975Mhz with 1150mV, crysis doesnt like anything higher than this but other benchmarks can go to 995Mhz without crashing or artifacting.. i think the sweet spot for gaming is about 925Mhz at 1125mV because i dont see much increase in fps beyond that. stock VID in afterburner is 1013mV and in gpu-z its 992mV. which one is more accurate and is this a low vid for a gtx 580 clocked to 810Mhz?

I was told it was the AB stock voltage. Mine was 1.000, so just a tad lower than yours but not by much. Sounds like you have a stout card there. Glad you like it!

Houston we have a problem. in order to use 2 of those my case would need to have 8 slots unfortunately mine only has 7 is there a work around or anything guys?

my case is a HAF-932
Im a dork i just looked at it again it only has 2 brackets
LOL im safe whew

Back