• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16Gig kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you got the email with code BTEKGHB37
you get another 10% off that $135 shipped for 16gb of ddr3 1600 ripjaws nice.

you could use all of them, they just wont be triple channel.

These are Quad Channel. So im not sure if they will run in triple if you only use 3? Anyone know?

if u use 3... ull be just fine and run tripple channel.... if u use all 4 in a 1366 setup it will go down to dual channel.

btw i love how they make it seem like the ram + the flash drive is like discounted... when its the same price.

Less than a year ago...it cost $700+ for a 4x4 kit of DDR3 1333 for my office rig.

That same kit is now $199. lol

So higher Channel ram will run the best it mode can? Quad will run in triple and dual. triple can run in dual?

btw i love how they make it seem like the ram + the flash drive is like discounted... when its the same price.

thats what marketing and people not paying attention will do.

So higher Channel ram will run the best it mode can? Quad will run in triple and dual. triple can run in dual?

Anything can run in anything. Triple channel requires a multiple of 3 populated slots. Dual channels requires a multiple of 2.

Would've jumped on this but I've never had anything but horrible luck with G.Skill :(

... so 3 dual channel ram will run at triple channel? i dont think thats how it works. does it?

The ram itself isn't "dual-channel" or "tri-channel". Those terms just mean how many channels are handled on the motherboard. A ram stick is a ram stick. "Dual channel" ram just comes with 2 or 4 sticks, and "tri-channel" ram comes with 3 or 6 sticks.

The ram itself isn't "dual-channel" or "tri-channel". Those terms just mean how many channels are handled on the motherboard. A ram stick is a ram stick. "Dual channel" ram just comes with 2 or 4 sticks, and "tri-channel" ram comes with 3 or 6 sticks.

Just go with a server board and a nice common multiple of both 2 and 3 (and 4 and 6 for future-proofing :)) - 48 :)

Link goes to newegg's shell shocker which is a mobo combo, assuming this is expired then?

Back