• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Outlook 2003 insert file, open same directory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys.

I have question about Microsoft Outlook 2003.

Where i work, we use outlook for out emails, which theres nothing uncommon about, but we also attach many files that are normally placed on our network drives.

So my question is, is there a way to setup Outlook 2003 so that it instead of opening "My Docs" when you click attatch, it would open straight onto the a set network drive?

Thank you,
Pierre

Found this:

1. Click Start, then Run.

2. Type regedit, and then click OK.

3. Locate this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

4. In the right-hand pane, double-click Personal.

5. Type the new path you want. In my case, it was C:\Data.

6. Exit the Registry and restart Outlook.

Here

Can't you also drag and drop files into the program? We use Lotus Notes (ugg) and it has this capability.

I *think* you can do that yes.. I don't have outlook open right now to check (I'm trying out Linux Mint right now). BTW Thideras, nice Antec 300 project! I just saw that today. Sorry for the topic change :p

This did work, but! And theres alwyas a but...

We run networked users at my work, so when i do replace this path in regedit, "My documents" also is pathed to the network drive. This is an issue.

Is there anyway to split this up more, so that its only Outlook where this effect is taken?

Last edited:
Back