• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6950 Comparison Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirhc76

I've had compatibility issues with my 2x XFX 5770hds on my system since I installed them. They run fine in my other machine, not on Win7 X64, but I have not been able to get them running In my new rig without constant locking up and Blue screens. I've checked everything but the MSI Board, Big Bang Fuzion. So I've decided to see if I'll have better luck with new cards.

Last night I was comparing two 6950s listed on new egg and had two windows open. I submitted the order and realized it was the wrong screen so I immediately canceled. Unfortunately Newegg had already moved the order into processed and I couldn't cancel.

What I got was 2 of these,
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150527

When I wanted 2 of for obvious reasons
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518

I use this machine for one thing, WOW. Will I really see a difference in what I got vs. what I should have got. Is it worth going through an RMA on the cards should be my real question.

Thanks,

System info if it matters
MSI Big Bang Fuzion
i5 750 @ 4.02Ghz
8GB Corsair 1333
2X Corsair Force 60s R0
4x 500GB Seagate Barracuda R10
Corsair HX1000
Corsair 700D

If all your playing is WoW then you only need 1 of those cards if you even need those cards at all 6950s are way over kill for WoW alone let alone 2 of them...

If your only on 1 monitor then the ones you got will be fine.

Does WOW even scale under Crossfire?

Anyway, a midrange card would run wow. 2 of those is overkill for any game at 1920x1080.

I actually found WoW to perform worse under Crossfire/SLI, so I don't think you should have any issues. The only thing that really slows down the graphics in WoW is turning up Shadows (which imo are a waste of GPU power)

Back