• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xfx or msi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blarf

Hi,

For a 6950 2gb card, would you go xfx or msi? or any other brand?

thanks

On my second XFX card here, no problem whatsoever yet. Never used MSI... but unless XFX screws up, I don't think I'll get another brand in the future.....

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO........ +1 to XFX! :beer:

Definitely XFX. I owned a XFX 5870 and transferred the warranty to the guy whom I sold it to with no problems.

XFX really really doesn't screw around warranty wise.. I'd grab a reference card with their brand on it. MSI's cards with the Twin Frozr are frickin great though.

I have an XFX HD5770 1gb, and i love it. That thing runs good overclocked in certain situations, plus lifetime warranty. +1 XFX

I had an amazing 5770 from MSI but if both cards are reference then it really won't make much difference. One thing, you shouldn't get the reference when this card is out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575&cm_re=6950-_-14-127-575-_-Product It's non-reference with better overclocking, runs cooler and MUCH quieter, I have the reference and the fan is LOUD as hell, and this cards WILL UNLOCK if look up reviews. I'd really suggest you to spend the extra to get this card. Just look up some reviews of this. The reference card is nice but the cooler sucks and the cards makes a lot of squealing. Just take a look at some reviews, don't blow it over.

Glad to hear XFX is recommended, just ordered this yesterday, with every intention of flashing to 6970.....
Almost went with the ASUS, till I seen 3 years warranty.

XFX! They went all out for me and took care of me. I can't say anything bad about them.

Back