• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grabbing a UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

So I know 1500VA is about 850W and I want to match the PSU's max draw, not the system, so I was thinking APC (BR1500G)

apparently there is a fan noise issue, they're not as good as before, etc, but it's available locally..

Also, am I not supposed to plug my UPS into my surge suppressing power bar? How does that work?

Thanks.

If the ups is worth your money it should be plugged directly to the wall and be able to tell you if you have any wire-fault issues. Ups's are surge suppressors to begin with so they do not need a separate one (wall strip) unless you simply need more plug space.
I have the cyberpower cp850avrlcd with 510 watt output for my 450 watt ps & my pc never goes above around 220watts and generally uses around 160watts. Plus the ups software uses hibernation which is very convenient as far as restarts are concerned. First time ever using hibernation. Now I only reboot when necessary. $93 at fry's. Would have liked to get the pure sine wave one but this works perfect for my rig.

you might want to check what EATON power has to offer. I recently switched to them for rack mounted units, Price / quality of them are great, much better than APC. (I have had to many problems lately with apc).

I am not 100% sure of there offerings for monitoring cause I am not currently using much of that. However being that they offer products to corporate clients interested in the same things your listing they most probably have a solution already in place possibly bundled.

If i remember correctly i got my 2000 VA 2u's for around 700$ a piece, apc wanted double that I belive.

you might want to check what EATON power has to offer. I recently switched to them for rack mounted units, Price / quality of them are great, much better than APC. (I have had to many problems lately with apc).

I am not 100% sure of there offerings for monitoring cause I am not currently using much of that. However being that they offer products to corporate clients interested in the same things your listing they most probably have a solution already in place possibly bundled.

If i remember correctly i got my 2000 VA 2u's for around 700$ a piece, apc wanted double that I belive.

:bang head

Folks. Come on. I need a 1500VA unit max. I appreciate all the help, but it's obvious this is for one of my sig rigs. I need a $200-250 unit max. Spending $6000 or even $700 to UPS a $1800 PC is :screwy: IMO.

I appreciate the suggestions but I'm looking for an economical UPS that doesn't suck. That used to be a thing. The reason I didn't pick one up yet is that apparently of late this is not the case.

I was purely suggesting that you check there product matrix since most people don'w realize that they make a wide range of UPS solutions at varying price ranges and feature levels. I appreciate the dilema your in but I am not gonna spend a large amount of time researching something for someone else that I don't know off the top of my head, without some sort of monetary gain.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842124004

I was purely suggesting that you check there product matrix since most people don'w realize that they make a wide range of UPS solutions at varying price ranges and feature levels. I appreciate the dilema your in but I am not gonna spend a large amount of time researching something for someone else that I don't know off the top of my head, without some sort of monetary gain.

You are absolutely not going to find yourself welcome here. That's what we do.

Back