• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats what when it comes to cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

i need to know the best HSF for my Socket A CPU. I am tired of searching, i dont care about the noise of a load fan either i want something that will freeze the cpu to death

1333@1333 AMD Athlon
Bus Clock: 133 fsb

The Alpha 8045 is an excelent cooler. You can use just about any 80mm fan from slow to fast. If I were chosing I would get a high output fan and use a rehostat on it to control the speed to my liking. Just make shrue the heatsink will fit around your socket since its pretty big. You will also have to have the 4 holes around the socket which most AMD boards have already.

hey hyper! you made it here. I just noticed.

Glad your here.

Joanne aka zjoanne

sure Hyper! I've been very busy lately so not much time to come in here.

the notebook - the notebook.

let me know if you buy the alpha 8045 -

I'm looking around for parts on my clone now.

Joanne

Swiftech 462 is what u want. its the best socket A hs known. unless u go h20 but thats another story.

I've never had a chance to use the Switech, but I love the Alpha 8045 I have now. I use the Delta 80 CFM with a rheostat speed controller

is that fan controller external

All a rheostat is, is a variable resistor that is spliced in to one of the fans power wires. You can put it anywhere, I have mine mounted on the front of my case.

Alpha pal8045

I'd recommend gettig the one w/o a fan, then find a fan with some serious power.

Last edited:
that newegg one is price to hight (yeah i know newegg priced to high how could that be)

here is a better one..

http://www.svcompucycle.com/alpalheaton.html

get the y-tech for 6 bucks more 48 cfm great fan.. also i orderd a grill for mine like all my other fans.. they look cool and keep ur fingers from geting hurt.. which is not to big of a deal with the 80 mm fans sence they dont need to spin as fast as the 60 mm fans do for the same cfm but still worth the buck.. just make sure u ask for screws for ur grill mine didnt come with it :( i had to use my own..

Back