• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need opinions with this psu.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbpktdonas

Registered
Yesterday I bought a asus dc 6870 and needed a new psu because my antec neo he500 wasn't gonna cut it. But I had to get a new psu to run my card so I bought what seemed to be the best cheap psu. (at frys). So I bought a CORSAIR GS600. Now I have not heard or read any reviews. So I asking for help to either find a new psu that is cheap (no more than like 70dlls) but is powerful. This one I cant crossfire so thats a minus. But Please let me know if I should return it or keep it. Thanks.
ps. I have 14 days to return it.

Yesterday I bought a asus dc 6870 and needed a new psu because my antec neo he500 wasn't gonna cut it. But I had to get a new psu to run my card so I bought what seemed to be the best cheap psu. (at frys). So I bought a CORSAIR GS600. Now I have not heard or read any reviews. So I asking for help to either find a new psu that is cheap (no more than like 70dlls) but is powerful. This one I cant crossfire so thats a minus. But Please let me know if I should return it or keep it. Thanks.
ps. I have 14 days to return it.

It will work fine, it's a "low end" Corsair with a shorter warranty but it's adequate for a single card. "Cheap and powerful" shouldn't be used in the same sentence, and you have to decide if you're ever going to crossfire. You won't with that one. Seventy dollars reduces your choices quite a bit and you won't find anything good enough in that price range for SLI.

Ok thanks. I don't know if I would crossfire...not yet at least. Might want to overclock a little but not much. I just wanted to make sure I did not buy a crappy psu. Thanks again. Oh by the way...yeah I realized I shouldnt use those two words in the same sentence. Thanks again.

Ok thanks. I don't know if I would crossfire...not yet at least. Might want to overclock a little but not much. I just wanted to make sure I did not buy a crappy psu. Thanks again. Oh by the way...yeah I realized I shouldnt use those two words in the same sentence. Thanks again.

I'm using the same power supply, just bought it last weekend. It's been holding up fine with my set-up (see sig). I'm very happy with it.

Back