• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just have no idea what to do to over clock the ram video card and cpu
The stock cooler isn't the best to use but, since you've got an X2 instead of something bigger, you should have some room to overclock - even with the stock cooler.

We need to start off with some screen shots and a temp test. If you can post a shot of CPU-Z's CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs that would help a lot. Also, if you can run Prime95 for 5 minutes while CoreTemp is open to see what your load (Max) core temp is, then let us know, that would be great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrobakca, please do screen capture pics and upload them as attachments with your posts instead of linking to pics. Do you know how to do that yet? Use Win 7 Snipping Tool (Accessories) for screen capture. It has a nice cropper so you can get only the portion of t he screen you want.

Here they are....i think i did them right...core temp fluxs from 30 to 78 unless im doing wrong test

Attachments

• speed.PNG
    speed.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Memory.PNG
    Memory.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 72
  • CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 72
Those temps don't sound right at all. Open CoreTemp, start Prime95 and let it run for ~5 minutes, then take a screen shot of CoreTemp.

Prime95
CoreTemp

Also, can you take a shot of CPU-Z's CPU tab while P95 is running? You've got some kind of power savings going on that lowered the vCore at idle. We really need to know how much vCore the BIOS is pushing at load. :)

WOW That is WAY too high for that chip! :|. Try reseating your heatsink! Would be the only thing (I could think of) that's causing those kinds of temps!

Agree with both QuietIce and Mjolnir, thsoe temps aren't very good for the CPU and more if you want overclock with the stock cooler.

If you are on budget, the Hyper 212+ is a very good cooler for price/performance.

here they are
Looks like you've got one of those boards that scrambles the CPU information. (ASUS is notorious for that.) I could be wrong but I don't believe the TJMax (Tctl in AMD terms) is 99° for that CPU, and that throws all the other information in doubt. For unknown reasons some boards just don't mesh well with CoreTemp or HWMonitor, which will also have problems. :-/ The only option I know of is to use the CPU socket temp as read by PC Probe II. If you can grab that program from the ASUS website and try again it would help a lot. I think you'll see much lower temps with PC Probe II.

Your load vCore is pretty low and that's a good sign. :)

Actually may sell this box i have someone that wants it for 500...But my next problem is should i go Quad core or should i try for a i3,i5 i7

Actually may sell this box i have someone that wants it for 500...
Did you try using PC Probe II to see if it's CPU socket temps were the same as HWMonitor?

I don't do Intel, since I always have something else I'd rather spend my extra money on.

And what was that CPU socket temp?

PS
And what does it show in BIOS on the Power/HW Monitor page?

While you're there you might check that Smart Q-Fan is disabled.

Back