• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the odds the Bulldozer southbridge fixes I/O performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greenie

Registered
Just threw a Samsung F3 1TB in my SB710 motherboard and definitely feeling a bit miffed at my benchmarks versus the reviews of this drive on an Intel motherboard.

I'm hoping AMD makes a nice leap with their Bulldozer southbridge, but I give it 50/50 odds.

In bios under storage configuration, do you have the drive mode set to IDE or AHCI?

Yeah, I did the AHCI fix and it's now within 1 to 10% of an Intel motherboard in Crystal Disk Mark. I guess I should change those odds they made up that last bit with the Bulldozer southbridge to 80/20.

Thanks for the tip, noticing a real improvement in game load times. This F3 is pretty spry, I can remember when people were talking about whether ATA100 was necessary over ATA66 with mechanicals. Can't wait for SSDs to start dropping below $1 a gig though.

Thanks for the tip, noticing a real improvement in game load times. This F3 is pretty spry, I can remember when people were talking about whether ATA100 was necessary over ATA66 with mechanicals. Can't wait for SSDs to start dropping below $1 a gig though.

You bet! That's what we enjoy doing here and its a great help community.

Back