• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

active x error in windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

It has started when i couldnt load any of my gadgets, they wont initalize. so i started looking into the problem and have now found out i cant load any of my active x in windows at all. when i goto my MMC or gpedit panel i get this error/popup.
i cannot view any settings in MMC or gpedit at all. i have tryed editing all security setting in IE and raising my UAC to max. this is totaly frustraing and im not finding any help on the net.
Everything is working fine on my admin account. i have double checked all setting that i can and compared them to my logon account.
gpedit error.jpg

Last edited:
Try upgrading your account to Administrative to see if its actually a rights issue or a corrupt file.
If it is a problem with the windows files themselves try using the sfc /scannow command

Open Command Promt in Elevated Mode (Run Command Promt as Admin)
Type SFC /SCANNOW

It will check the Windows system files for errors and will fix them if they can,if not they will leave a file containing the errors found.
This might work.

Check in the registry under the following branch...

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

If there's an extra zone w/ a pseudo-graphic number (you'll see it listed as a sub-folder before zone number 0), then it needs to be deleted. It seems this is a bug from an Adobe flash player update.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 478
Dan. I am running as admin. What I ment in first post is I enabled my admin account and its working fine. So its got to be something I've disabled or other.

Ill check reg when I get off work and see if that pseudo entry is there.

Dan. I am running as admin. What I ment in first post is I enabled my admin account and its working fine. So its got to be something I've disabled or other.

Ill check reg when I get off work and see if that pseudo entry is there.

Ah,the built in Admin account,sorry,took it up wrong.

The command line may still help if the registry fix doesn't.

Red I tryed ur fix and yes there was a extra entry in there and I deleted it and rebooted and boom its all better now. Once again oc fourms comes to my rescue. I have valued all of your help for so long and have never came away from here disappointed. Give you all a pat on the back for your help and ideas. Thank you all very much.

Back