Registered

Raid 0 formatting

Hi everyone. I checked 3 pages and didn't see much about this. Overtime as your raid 0 or revodrive lose performance because of no TRIM support, would formatting it restore the speeds back to normal?

No. Formatting is just issues another TRIM command, and it still won't get past the RAID0.

To restore the performance of the Revodrive you need to break the RAID array and then give the secure erase command to the individual controllers and then redo the RAID.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alpha View Post
    No. Formatting is just issues another TRIM command, and it still won't get past the RAID0.

To restore the performance of the Revodrive you need to break the RAID array and then give the secure erase command to the individual controllers and then redo the RAID.
    Many thanks Mr. Alpha!

Revodrive controllers should also have Garbage Collection - you need to check up on OCZ site on that - if it has GC, you get the best result if you log out from Windows and leave the pc on overnight

Check here

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...age-collection
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3, i7 2600k, Corsair H70, 2*4GB Kingston, GTX 570 Phantom, Intel 510 250GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Logitech G500, Logitech G19, BenQ V2420H, Iomega StorCenter IX2

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nittenti View Post
    Revodrive controllers should also have Garbage Collection - you need to check up on OCZ site on that - if it has GC, you get the best result if you log out from Windows and leave the pc on overnight

Check here

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...age-collection
    Ya, I'm aware of that. I'll be sure to take full advantage of that. Thank you for the link.