• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Add another 2600k to the Fold!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

Shes up and running right now with 2133 Ripjaws in her. I'll start folding and she gets up to the mid 90's with the stock cooler running at 4.3GHz. I'll be ripping out the H70 from the old machine and transfering it over ASAP.

Excited to push this thing, I can't believe how much less power it uses already. With my 470 in it and my monitor that pulls 90w by itself it sitting at 200w dead. My Q6600 setup would be well over 400w at idle.

Shes just thrown together right now, will have to complete the cable management when the cooler is in.

5602446631_4c516083fd_b.jpg

Sorry, don't know what that is, is this another fan to buy that works better on the radiator?

THats a Sabertooth. For the thermal armor to work without a downdraft heatsink, they added a little door, clearly shown in your picture, where you can put a fan to force air through the armor. Without the fan or the downdraft to create airflow, the armor will trap heat rather than shield the board from heat generated by the video card. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference, but I figured on mine, I bought the thermal armor, I might as well use it.

Nothing like a new build on a Saturday morning!:thup: Nice addition Bee!

My 2133 Ripjaw x's got here just in time for the weekend. So I'll have one small shiny toy to play with. Hope to get my OC up on my i7 950. Then use them on a 2600k when I get one.

Also, dare I say it, cable ties anyone?! Lol :p. Antec 300 has a nice storage spot for extra cables, utilize it! =D.

I'm jealous though.. Everyones getting these brand-spanking new 2500/2600k's with systems more powerful than mine that I could build (here in Aus), half of the price I built my Sig system with a year ago.. Grr. Lol.

Grats on the new build though! May it give you everlasting happiness... Or maybe at least 6 months worth til you upgrade haha XD

Nice, I dig the armour look of the saber boards.

The H70 will make a big difference for your CPU temps, maybe add some scythe GT1850's later and you'll be able to push it to 4.5 or more and stay in the 60-70 range. Something like an XSPC Rasa water kit for 120 - 150 depending on which one would drop another 10C roughly if you had any interest that direction.

Nice build, post a pic after the H70 and cable management is done.

Ok, got the H70 in and she has been folding for 20 minutes and patching games and its sitting between 54 degrees and 60 degrees. So its working very well, I have her up to 4.5GHz as well. Going to drive up to Micro Center right now and get my armor fan and a new Sata 3 HD also.

I have v7 setup to run -bigadv right now as well so I'm excited to see some numbers when they begin to update. :rock:

And oh yeah, don't worry, I'll do the cable management properly once I know the system is stable. =)

Last edited:
I just used the bonus point calculator and its only saying I'll put out 11,703 PPD. Running v7 with what I assumed -bigadv is enabled as I put it in following the picture guide. Do I need another flag or have to wait a bit for it to take off?

4.5GHz and 8 threads are pegged
PRCG 10115
11 mins 09 secs

hmmm, this is my log. I need to read up some more.

19:01:50: <!-- Folding Slots -->
19:01:50: <slot id='0' type='SMP'>
19:01:50: <client-type v='bigadv'/>

What a pain in the ***, is -bigadv Linux only or not? I have found stuff that says both ways. I can't get it to work on v7 in Win7 so I'm back to the old client. Really getting frustruated as even though there are a lot of guides and such I have not found anything good that explains the locations to put flags in the client file.

Finally got a hold of a friend and walked me through the process. Easy enough to do, just hard to figure out on your own. Shes working right now crunching on P6900. :D

I'm back to the console version and not using v7 anymore. I used that pic guide but the program didn't seem to accept any -bigadv flags. I'm sure I did something wrong.

Running at 46,332 PPD @ 26:05 TPF

Now to start pushing clocks and get my other machine running again. :beer:

Last edited:
Back