• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox 4 and Orbit downloader?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

Im still running the lastest Firefox 3, this is purely due to the fact that i have Orbit Downloader.

I did beta testing of FF4 beta 4,9 and 12, it was the same issue. Orbit downloader would result in the bookmarks button and menu for toolbar bookmarks would disappear.

So far i havent wanted to install FF4 until this issue is resolved.

Anyone else running this?

Numerous Firefox add-ons do not work with Firefox 4. I am still on Firefox 3.6 and plan to stay there because of this also.

Even if you force install some of the add-ons - they do not work properly on Firefox 4.

download latest orbit, disable compatibility checking and check the Add-on Toolbar (View-> Toolbars-> add-on toolbar)

Huh?? Firefox any version works with flashgot and flashgot will point to any downloader you choose. There's no such thing as non-compatibility. I'm running the latest 4.01, actually palemoon, and I can't remember even one time when flashgot failed to install.
Interestingly, the only addon (I keep it as secure and simple as possible) that I wish I could have kept from 3.6 was anonymizer nevercookie. I don't even play flash with my main browser.
I use FDM but anything will work with flashgot, anything.

Last edited:
Back