• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixing GPU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys

I just ordered myself a Radeon HD 6950.

ATM, i am running 2 Nvidia graphics cards. The new Radeon will replace one of the nvidia cards ofcourse, but how will the system like the mix of nvidia and radeon?

There are hacked drivers if you want to utilize ohysx, otherwise just take both out.

If this is because of having three monitors, then windows will automatically install the necessary drivers for the nvidia card. Alternatively you can get a displayport adapter on your 6950 and just power all three monitors off that.

There are hacked drivers if you want to utilize ohysx, otherwise just take both out.

If this is because of having three monitors, then windows will automatically install the necessary drivers for the nvidia card. Alternatively you can get a displayport adapter on your 6950 and just power all three monitors off that.

The Radeon han handle 4 monitors, but i have found that running more screens kills perforance. Mainly i like to run my "best" gfx card as stand-alone, and then the to other monitors on a secondary card, main monitors runs all games and 3d drawing program, while the 2 others are mostly desktop,skype,msn, and browser use.

What i want is to run the Radeon with 1 monitor, and the Quadro FX 580 with 2 monitors.

Would it work like that, just letting windows sort out on it own?

i think it will work as far as desktop and basic thiings, but if you plan on fullscreen programs or eyefinity / surround type thing, i reall dont think so.
As you described for the radeon on your main and 580 on the other two that should in theory work.

It will work out, just remember to uninstall nvidia drivers before installing the ati card.

Also, I don't think having secondary monitors would decrease performance as long as there are no 3d apps on those monitors.

It will work out, just remember to uninstall nvidia drivers before installing the ati card.

Also, I don't think having secondary monitors would decrease performance as long as there are no 3d apps on those monitors.

I use to run only dual monitors with only the FX 580. Like you say with non 3d it ok, but i work with Inventor which is 3D, and streching that on 2 screens cost performance.

But thnx on the uninstall tip, that is for a fact somthing i would have forgotten about :)

Back