• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 3.0 Connecting the cables to the mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

collozauren

Registered
Hi.

So, I bought a case which has USB 3.0 connectivity at the front panel but the cables for those are "regular" USB contacts. So my question is as follows, is there any adapters or any other way which enables me to be able to connect these to the MOBO (internaly) instead of having to exit through the back and connect them to the back panel or use an adapter to convert them to USB 2.0?
My Mobo supports USB 3.0 and have contacts for it internaly aswell as on the back panel. The problem is that the cables running from the front panel are "regular" USB contacs instead of the kind you normally connect internaly to the MOBO.
My MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe REV B3.
My Case: Lian Li PCx2000F.

Thanks in advance.

collozauren

If you have a spare PCI-e 1X slot, there's this card with an internal port and an external one.

Lian Li makes one that plugs directly onto the header with two female connectors on the same unit, but darned if I can find it outside of their website.

Last edited:
If you have a spare PCI-e 1X slot, there's this card with an internal port and an external one.

Lian Li makes one that plugs directly onto the header with two female connectors on the same unit, but darned if I can find it outside of their website.

Yes, I have a adapter that came with the case, one with two female connectors that you plug on to the MOBO but it's a USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter, I want one that's for the USB 3.0 standard. Although you might be talking about one that's for USB 3.0?
I'll have to keep looking, and thanks alot for the help. :)

Yes, both the add-on card I linked, and the Lian Li adapter are USB 3.0 native. Sorry I linked an American site, didn't notice you're from Sweden.

The Lian Li page showing it is here. I only seem to find it for sale in Europe...lucky you!

HERE HERE

Last edited:
Yes, both the add-on card I linked, and the Lian Li adapter are USB 3.0 native. Sorry I linked an American site, didn't notice you're from Sweden.

The Lian Li page showing it is here. I only seem to find it for sale in Europe...lucky you!

HERE HERE

No worries :) I found it aswell, same as one of the sites you posted, http://www.indomo.se/13276-Lian-Li-UC-01-Intern-USB3-adapter
Indeed lucky me since it's a swedish website, I'll be ordering one of those. :)
Now I'm going to build my own 2,5" to 3,5" adapter for my SSD since the one Intel sent with the HDD doesn't work for my hotswap bays :(

Thanks a lot for the help!

Lian LI Model: UC-01 USB 3.0 motherboard connector

I was just in touch, via email, yesterday 4/30/11 with someone at http://www.frozencpu.com/ He informs me that they will have the Lian LI UC-01 USB 3.0 motherboard connector sometime this comming week. You will just have to keep checking their web site for it until it shows up.

Jim
Dayton, Oh
USA
5-01-2011

Sweet! I don't have USB3 on my little mITX rig, but I do have the same deal going on right now, my new Lian Li case has normal A-male connectors to the front panel and a back slot cover for routing the wires outside for back IO connection! :screwy:

Funny how Lian Li makes the solution, but doesn't include it with their case!!!

Thanks for the info, and Welcome to the forums!

USB 3.0 motherboard header connector/cable

if you are looking for a good USB 3.0 motherboard header connector I bought one on ebay and it workd fine.
search on ebay for: USB 3.0 motherboard cable/connector 19pin to USB 3.0
I hope this helps

Back