• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4A89xTD mobo problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PicodeGallo

I am using the mobo in my sig, while a friend is using the FX version. We are both having the same problems in that applications and games will crash to desktop and BSOD terribly for a certain amount of time, then stop and operate fine. The errors seem to relate to either driver or RAM issues, but the error messages change with every crash. I spent about 4 hours the other day trying different solutions, never finding one, then I just said screw it, I'll deal with it later. Well, later and up to now, everything is fine without any work/changes on my part. We both use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I have replaced my RAM once and recommended to my buddy to make sure his is running at the manufacturer's specs (he is using G Skill RAM). I have also located the "suspect" drivers and have re-installed (clean) up to date drivers with no avail.

My components have tested fine, when the errors aren't happening, and it doesn't matter if the system is OC'd or not. I thought it might be the unlocked core I have, but it tested fine and my buddy has the PII 965 with the exact same problems; his computer was built completely new, so I'm hesitant to point a finger at the PSU. I have tried various voltages and that doesn't matter, so I've reverted them back to manufacturer's specs. Is there something in the BIOS that should be changed maybe? Most settings are stock, except for the RAM voltage with a mild OC.

We both share similar mobos and OS's and are having identical problems. While all is fine for now (his is having problems atm), I'd like to prevent this from happening again.

What speed are you running the ram at? 1600 mhz? Try lower the ram speed to 1333. 1600 is actually the "overclocked" speed rating of the ram and many systems will not be stable with that.

One thing that would be helpful would be for you to download and install CPU-z. Then take screenshots of these tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". Upload them as attachments with your post. That will give us a snapshot of your hardware and bios settings.

Back