• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sammy, i know i may be very stupid, however i read the whole 17 pages and could not find a single experience with a Cuv4x

there were some soyo 6VCA and some aopen too, but i wanted to know if someone did it with a cuv4x, that's all :)

DarkGainax said:
sammy, i know i may be very stupid, however i read the whole 17 pages and could not find a single experience with a Cuv4x

there were some soyo 6VCA and some aopen too, but i wanted to know if someone did it with a cuv4x, that's all :)

I was thinking that I had seen details on CUV4X as well. However, I believe it was in long Tualatin thread over at disuss.madonion.com You may want to find the thread on that forum and read it in it's entirety if you have not. I'm not sure that they mention that board but I'm thinking they do. I believe the title of the thread was something like "Tualatin in BX motherboard without powerleap" Good luck!!

DarkGainax said:

I remember that I noticed somewhere that they were trying the cuv4x, and I thought it was on this thread, though it may well have been on madonion.com, like jmsandrsn said.
Here is a link to that thread
madonion thread

You can download that whole thread, but it is pretty long too.

thank you guys, i read that thread before, however catcha22play (the thread starter) said, "it should work", he didn't try it....so, he is not sure, it's a posibility.

so that's why i came here, looking for some experiences :)

nevermind guys, ill guess ill be the first one to try it out :D

DarkGainax said:
thank you guys, i read that thread before, however catcha22play (the thread starter) said, "it should work", he didn't try it....so, he is not sure, it's a posibility.

so that's why i came here, looking for some experiences :)

nevermind guys, ill guess ill be the first one to try it out :D

I've succesfully made the mod on an Asus P3V4X (has the same chipset), I've isolated the three pins from the slotket, you should isolate them from the cpu (I suggest you to cut them) and make the vid mod in order to boot with the right voltage...

to DarkGainax

asus cuv4x ver 1.03 can do it, i just try it out two day ago,insulate the three pins and connect ak4 to ak26,a german also do it with a asus cuv4x-e mobo,good luck for you.

ebc said:
to DarkGainax

asus cuv4x ver 1.03 can do it, i just try it out two day ago,insulate the three pins and connect ak4 to ak26,a german also do it with a asus cuv4x-e mobo,good luck for you.

And for the core voltage of the tualatin? how does the cuv4x manage it?

Irondog said:

And for the core voltage of the tualatin? how does the cuv4x manage it?

sorry£¬i miss the important step,please connect Vid25mv(vid4) to Vss.

EBC,
Do you know if anyone has done mod for slot-1 board using a Gigabyte GA-6R7+ slcoket(this is the one without voltage jumpers)??

jmsandrsn said:
EBC,
Do you know if anyone has done mod for slot-1 board using a Gigabyte GA-6R7+ slcoket(this is the one without voltage jumpers)??

Sorry,I don't hear about anyone use this slotket.

ebc said:
to DarkGainax

hi,

How did you insulate the trhee pins and connect ak4 to ak26 ?

I tried whith a tually 1.0 and cusl2-c without luck...till now..

I just did it 4-5 hours ago :beer: Now it's running @[email protected] stable :D

First I tried with connecting ak4 to ak26 bur it didn't even boot. So I skiped it and now it works without a problem.

I still have not gotten a post out of the celeron 1.2 on my be6-2 with the asus s370dl slotket. I connected ak4 to ak26, unfortunately on the first attempt, I think the bridge was shorting out some other pins, since the hard drive wouldn't spin up, I think the cpu was drawing a load of power. I redid the bridge, and now the hard drive spins up, no post though. How likely is it that I blew the chip? The chip still gets warm. There is no evidence of burning anywhere on the pins. I may redo the bridge, and test with a multimeter.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Gerry_ie said:
I still have not gotten a post out of the celeron 1.2 on my be6-2 with the asus s370dl slotket. I connected ak4 to ak26, unfortunately on the first attempt, I think the bridge was shorting out some other pins, since the hard drive wouldn't spin up, I think the cpu was drawing a load of power. I redid the bridge, and now the hard drive spins up, no post though. How likely is it that I blew the chip? The chip still gets warm. There is no evidence of burning anywhere on the pins. I may redo the bridge, and test with a multimeter.

I was having trouble getting a Celeron 1.2 to boot up in a CUSL2-C and I was pretty sure I had everything insulated properly. I unplugged the power supply and took out the battery for about 10 seconds. It then booted right up. I don't know if it will solve your problem but it's worth a shot...just make sure you know all of your BIOS settings because they will get cleared out. Good luck!!

Gerry_ie said:

Did you read what I wrote above? The ak4 to ak26 connection didn’t work for me. It may be because of the wire I was using. It was a bit thick so the processor wasn’t sitting flat on the sloket. But You have a similer setup to mine (Abit BE6-2 and Asus sloket) so you should try without doing the ak4 to ak26 connection. It worked for me.

HELP

Hy, there... :D

I've just run Tualatin 1.0a on Asus P2B-F! :)

But there start a problem(s)... I run it on Asus slotket (whit TVC16222A chip)... I insulated three pins... and try connecting AK4 to AK26 (I think it is named like that), put voltage on 1.55 V but computer won't boot at all!

So I removed the wire which connects AK4 whit AK26 and computer boot nicely :)

But it is WERY unstabile! :eh?: I reinstaled Win XP, but the thing remains the same... any sugdestions for me? :eh?:

Thank's!

good news!

I removed the tually cover again and lapped the thin core
(yes i did it! :D )
because it was no flat but a bit round (I can't say it in english)

the i put on my big copper-based hand-made HSF with 8x8 Sunon fan
(I used a coolermaster EP5 6H11 and a 6x8x0.5 cm copper base)

Now i run my 1.0A @1500 with only 1,75v rock solid @36-37°C

43°C max load temperature (under CPUburn the heavyest for CPU
i know)

that's a dream!

here u are some pic of my HSF :

http://digilander.iol.it/grandecigno/foto/Assembled.jpg

http://digilander.iol.it/grandecigno/foto/Hybrid-dissy.jpg

http://digilander.iol.it/grandecigno/foto/sunon8x8.jpg

same dimensions as a Alpha PAL8045

Re: HELP

ScorpiX said:
Hy, there... :D

I've just run Tualatin 1.0a on Asus P2B-F! :)

But there start a problem(s)... I run it on Asus slotket (whit TVC16222A chip)... I insulated three pins... and try connecting AK4 to AK26 (I think it is named like that), put voltage on 1.55 V but computer won't boot at all!

So I removed the wire which connects AK4 whit AK26 and computer boot nicely :)

But it is WERY unstabile! :eh?: I reinstaled Win XP, but the thing remains the same... any sugdestions for me? :eh?:

Thank's!

I'm afraid this is the only thought I have: Are you sure that no other pins are being connected with your AK4 to AK26 bridge? Also, how are you doing the connection between the 2 pins?

Back