• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Again my question:

What about someone doing a "tutorial/how to" for running a Tualatin in a board that doesn't officially support it. Someone who already succeeded could easily do that, I think.

That would be really great!!:D :D :D

It has been a little quite - I hope this doesn't mean it's not looking as great as first indicated.
Eagerly awaiting the results and details along with a throng of fellow lurkers.

sammy said:
It has been a little quite - I hope this doesn't mean it's not looking as great as first indicated.
Eagerly awaiting the results and details along with a throng of fellow lurkers.

Dude what more proof do you need. There have been a handful of people to get it to work. The ones that don't, seem to not be following instructions!

We can't do a tutorial until it works and is reproducible.

I got some 26G magnet coil wire. Thin and insulated...should work for the jump. I have a choice of 3 colors :)

Is the consensus that I have to do a manual Vcore setting? I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the manual settings on my slotket would do the trick. The dudes on the chinese site did do a wire jump on the back of the socket.
In my case, what do you recommend. I assume that if I set the vcore with a pin wrap that I should set the slotket voltage to 'auto'.

If the chip did see 2.2vcore, it wasn't for more than 10 or so seconds at a time, and no real heat was produced (at least nothing I could feel on the heatsink base or slug after immediately pulling the chip).

When I said no post, I meant not even a Video card post....I just got the monitor's error signal.

Vcore and pin wraps aside, am I still wasting my time trying to use a 10x multiplier cpu on a motherboard that maxes at 8x?
Any input would be appreciated.

Wow, this thread has almost 1800 views...not bad for a non-sticky.

What about using the rear window defogger repair pen to connect ak4 and ak24? Some people use this to unlock their amd chips. I'm not sure what it looks like or what matterial it is. Does anyone know?

i think the multiplier isn't a problem
infact it's internally locked so don't care about it
(i've seen this thing on a few bords)

maybe your slocket is'nt compatible with the mod

(in past i had one that didn' allow overclock and so on)

i'l try some idea when i get the 10.A Tualeron to put

on the BX133...

I konw tha a guy made it but he's a bit jealous of his tricks
:( :rolleyes:

First off if everything was fine with your chip besides the vcore was at 2.2v your chip would not post I guarentee it. There would be too much heat produced in so short of time the thermal kickoff internal switch would go.

I am not sure how you want to do the vcore mod and at the moment I don't have time to goto the chinese site to find out either. That is where I would start.

As for the 8x multi, I would not worry about it cause the multi as has been said is on the chip itself. It will probably only show up as a weird hurtz but the chip will run just fine and windows will show the correct speed.

So ol'man, you don't think I permenantly damaged the chip at 2.2v?

There are quite a few new posts on that Chinese site. Could someone who reads chinese give a synopsis of their progress? The photos only tell so much.

Defogger would be a tough method. It's like paint, and getting a thin continuous line through a forest of pins for 2cm would be difficult, if not impossible. That stuff is better for the tiny L1 bridges on Athlons.

Last edited:
EUREKA!

I am writing this on a Celeron 1.0a on an abit slotket III, on a Via Apollo Pro133a slot 1 mobo...non b-step.

The bios is mistaken on post....6x166=1003, but it reads Vcore as 1.47.
I slipped the insulator from a thin phone wire over the 3 pins, connected the other two pins (AK4-AK26) with coated 26G wire (see previous posts) and did the pin hole trick for Vcore (vss to Vid4).

The strange thing, I can't get into regular windows. Just before I hit the desktop in win2k, a quick box (dos maybe?) flashes by and it restarts. I can get into safe mode. I disabled all startup items, but still only safe mode. The chinese site did mention having to reinstall windows...maybe this is why.
I'll fool with it a bit at stock speed and overclock later.
Core temp reads 18C in bios. So does chipset temp. Both are below ambient, so I don't believe them.

Ruiner said:
EUREKA!

I am writing this on a Celeron 1.0a on an abit slotket III, on a Via Apollo Pro133a slot 1 mobo...non b-step.

The strange thing, I can't get into regular windows. The chinese site did mention having to reinstall windows...maybe this is why.

congrats :) I didn't have to reinstall Windows w/ my Powerleap adapter. good luck! ;)

dOER

WOWOWOWOWO!!!

i need to do it also un the BX133 !

in other forums a guy sayd not to connect ak4 to ak26

i'll try step by step...

maybe on socket mobos things are simplyer ;)

mikyseee said:

Well I guess you all do what you want but when you fail just remeber how it has to be done! The two fellas above connected ak4 to ak26 and got it to work. The ones that did not, FAILED!

:rolleyes:

Perhaps some boards need ak4 to ak26 and some don't. It probably cant hurt to try both ways and see what works. I really wanted to try this mod out but I am getting rid of my old BX to make way for a 2 GHz northwood.

In section 2.8 of Intel data sheet, it basically warn you that Vtt_PWRGD (AK4) I/O signal is NOT 1.8V tollerant and must be connected to Vtt(1.25V). Whereas, the Cmos based AK26(PWRGOOD) signal is typically driven by your VRM can exceed this voltage level. The idea of connecting these two pins together is to "trick" the processor power-on sequence.(figure 14 of section 2.13). And the reason for "nailpolishing" the other 3 pins has to do with pin conflict with the previous FCPGA layout. In the FCPGA pinout, these pins AN3, AK4 and AJ3 were all connected to Vss (Ground).

So, If you do not connect AK4 and AK26, you'll have a slim chance of passing figure. And If did the connection directly, you're taking a chances on damage the AK4 signal. Your choice...

Yes, it fit easily.

I just booted up this morning for the first time after doing the mod. Still stuck in safe mode. I'm greedy, so I bumped the Vcore up to 1.5 on the slotket (it translated into 1.57 in Bios) and bumped the FSB to 133.

I'm still not sure about the safe mode thing. I'm going to run some apps in safe mode to try and crash it. If I can convince myself that it is stable in safe mode, I'll resinstall windows.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'm open.

MBM won't run in safe mode, so I've no idea what my temps are. They are a degree above ambient in bios.

Back