• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ruiner said:
Yes, it fit easily.

I just booted up this morning for the first time after doing the mod. Still stuck in safe mode. I'm greedy, so I bumped the Vcore up to 1.5 on the slotket (it translated into 1.57 in Bios) and bumped the FSB to 133.

I'm still not sure about the safe mode thing. I'm going to run some apps in safe mode to try and crash it. If I can convince myself that it is stable in safe mode, I'll resinstall windows.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'm open.

MBM won't run in safe mode, so I've no idea what my temps are. They are a degree above ambient in bios.

Win2K is weird sometimes. At times I can run it right across to other mobos and sometimes I can't.

If you are running win2k why don't you try and goto the recovery console and redo your MBR or others(I forget them all). Sometimes I have got them to work like that. Sometimes I have not! IT must be a driver issue or something! Redo your MBR!

Still fooling with windows. I'm running at 1.33 at 1.57Vcore. Bios and CPUID report fsb of 216 and a multiplier of 6. Sandra gets it right, though (surprise) at 10x133. I haven't tried a higher fsb yet.

I ran some sandra benchies (sorry, no screens yet, I'll work on it). It performs at about what Celeratins have been doing at that speed. My mem benchmarks run just under 500 (a bit faster than the listed numbers for the 815).

I ran CPU stability test for a while (not too long, as I still want to do a proper burn in) and it did fine.

As of now, I can get into safe mode or VGA mode, not regular. I uninstalled most of my software and reinstalled windows over itself to no avail (yet). I don't know how to repair the master boot record, but I doubt my emergency repair disk will work with this install.

so i must run it @1500 on my BX133 ....

eheheh i'll leave my celly800@1200 for a golden Tualeron 1000@1500

I'll give more details as soon as possible :)

I got greedy. Before sorting out my windows issue I thought I would try to find the limits of the cpu.

I started at 150 fsb and kept no-posting until I ended up here at 135. I even upped the vcore to 1.66. My ram is pc150, and I even tried running the ram -33 (below fsb)...no go.

This setup has never liked bus speeds above 133. I think I have a finiky PCI card. I have also heard that the Abit slotkets have limited OCs for a few people. Or it's my mobo. I'm not in the mood to start pulling pci cards to find the troublemaker, so I will drop the vcore back to 1.47 and run it at 1.33 GHz. If I happen along another slotket I'll try that.

Now to deal with windows.

I'm stumped. I did a full, clean partition/format/install (at default speed) and I get the same problem....safe mode only.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm approaching the $80 aggravation level for a new ST6.

What kind of bizzare instability would keep me out of windows but allow cpu burn, stability test and sandra???

Ruiner said:
I'm stumped. I did a full, clean partition/format/install (at default speed) and I get the same problem....safe mode only.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm approaching the $80 aggravation level for a new ST6.

What kind of bizzare instability would keep me out of windows but allow cpu burn, stability test and sandra???

u r using a cpu with the three pins insulated and th ak4-26 connected?
didi u try to disconnect ak4-26?

belinassu said:

u r using a cpu with the three pins insulated and th ak4-26 connected?
didi u try to disconnect ak4-26?

No. It wouldn't post that way at all.

that's strange...maybe your slocket isn't so stable...
i had an abit Slocket !!! but i changed it with a ASUS S133
and it was much better for Coppermine Celeron overclocking

They said that the mod won't work with asus Adaptor...
I think you should better trying another cheap adapter
before using a new Tualatin-ready mobo.

As soon as i colud get my Tualatin i'll try what can be done
with BX133 (socket mobo) and i'll post it
Maybe we all together will find the right way to put
it in a safe way ;)

Well, I put my old P3 back in, and windows is humming along. I will try picking up another slotket and giving it another go. TheTualeron is modded and ready to drop in.
It is possible the Via chipset is not fully compatible with this mod.

It was nice seeing those sandra benches at 1.33, though.

Mikysee, what chipset are you using? How stable is your system and what speed are you running? Are you using a slotket? What brand?

hi,
i did the mod(w/o Vid-mod) on a asus S370-133 adapter 2 weeks ago. I tested it with a friends 1.2 tualeron, it worked perfectly. After the first boot i had 2.05V Core in Bios Health Monitor, although i set 1.5V on the adapter. I changed it to 1.5V in bios.
Everything was stable, so i then ordered a 1.0A.

Three Days ago i received my 1.0A, put it in the adapter, and started my system -> but blank screen. I double checked everything but no success. So i tried another adapter, but this time i made the mod directly on the cpu. but again a no-go.

So i presume that the problem is the firstboot-voltage of about 2V. Perhaps my all new CPU just won't take that much without burn-in. any ideas of avoiding the 2V?

To all who succesfully did the mod: please tell me what first-boot voltage you got.
and is there a possibility that a boxed cpu could be dead on delivery(got no chance for testing it now on my friends tusl2)

thanks for help
Roly

You'll have to do a pin-wrap or pinhole trick to set the default voltage on the cpu. It won't boot properly at 2.0.

Jumping Vss to vid4 will give a default of 1.47...perfect. I used a short 26G wire, stripped the insulation off the ends, bent it in a 'u' and put it in the holes.
It gave me the right voltage, but I've had other problems, as above.

I'm using a 440BX chipset. I have a socket motherboard. My first boot voltage was 1.475v. I was able to boot into winxp at 1400 at 1.7v but when it was unstable, I backed it down to 1350 1.6v and runs fine. It was actually more stable at 1350 with 1.6v then with 1.7v. I was able to play MOHAA for about an hour with no problem. Since I'm watercooling with a pelt, my load temp is like 17-18C. I decided to keep the IHS on.

The only thing I did differently from Ruiner was that I pulled off AN3 and AJ3 and cut AK4 in half. I figuered that if this didn't work, my next upgrade was going to be AMD. I wasn't gonna buy a mb to put the 1.0A into.

Last edited:
What if you set the voltage to the lowest yoru current CPU will alet you. Then switch CPU's..... May help.

This is something in know i am going to be doing for sure....
The BX will live on, was going to pick up a 1.1A yesterday (while i got my new HDD), but they didnt have anythgin in stock, so it looks like i will have to wait till monday...

mikyseee said:
I'm using a 440BX chipset. I have a socket motherboard. My first boot voltage was 1.475v. I was able to boot into winxp at 1400 at 1.7v but when it was unstable, I backed it down to 1350 1.6v and runs fine. It was actually more stable at 1350 with 1.6v then with 1.7v.

What is the max voltage with default [email protected], you can choose in the bios? Still you can adjust the voltage in the bios, right?

Back