• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Hardware Sale Heads-Up (Not for Discussion)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
This thread is for notifying your fellow folders of hardware deals or personal sales. It is similar to a thread in the benching team's lounge. After some discussion, we've decided the idea could work well for the Folding team. This is mostly an experiment. If we find sales are occurring outside the classifieds (NOT the intended structure), it won't remain here long.

Please, no discussion in this thread. If you wish to contact your teammate about a specific deal, work through PM, their FS thread, or another thread... not this one.

Things to include in a heads-up post:

• Forum
  • Part description
  • Price
  • Link

Trading outside of the classifieds (on this forum) is against the rules! Even if you and a teammate have already agreed on a sale through PM, it is always best to create a FS thread (with immediate sale); that way there is a record of the sale. If you trade with teammates and friends outside of the forums, know that you do so at your own risk!

Example of a heads-up post:
Selling an i5 750 for $170 shipped / $150 for team members.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649064

Of course, the reduced price for teammates is completely optional! It happens a lot with the benching team; some of the benching teammates already give the same deal to any OCF team (benching/F@H/seti/rosie/etc.).

Example from another forum:

Note that some people may not have access to other forums' classifieds. Such is the way of things, but it doesn't hurt to share in case they do. :)

Since this is brand new for the folding section, feel free to ask questions in this thread. Once it's established, I'll clean the thread up so that only heads-ups remain.

I'm selling my Gigabyte GTX560oc review sample, FS thread is here.
$10 off for folding characters.
Runs cool, runs quiet.

FS thread has a link to my review of it. Short version is it does any 3d bench at 1ghz core 2200mhz ram at 1.08v.

EDIT:
It sold.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to post up to find out interest in equipment before sale threads are available (though sale thread will be created before any actual sale of said equipment)?

Negative; post a sale thread to find interest. This is just for links to them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back