NZXT H2 Classic Silent Case Review

One of the most important aspects of a PC case outside of having the components they use fit or good airflow is noise. NZXT has given us one of their mid-tower cases, named the H2 Classic, which aims to curb some of the sounds that come out of our PC. This case has features such as foam padding on both the side panels and front panel, quiet 120 mm fans, as well as using rubber grommets around the mounting points for the hard drives isolating their vibration...

... Return to article to continue reading.

Antec also has a hot swap capable SATA HDD Dock with the "Dark Fleet" series
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ2MA==

But in both cases i think it would have been more usefull to the end user if it was a 3.5" drive supported. That way 2.5 and 3.5" devices could be used.

Top panel I/O, looks nice, once thing I think that could have been done better is E-SATA. Without the HDD dock supporting 3.5" drives, i think they missed the boat with that one.

Also would be nice if they rotated the HDD cages 90 degrees.
    The layout they have makes it a pain to remove drives if PCI slots are populated.

However what i would like to know is, how is the noise VS a Antec Sonata Case? I am a big fan of Silent PCs.

Nice review! I really like the look of NZXT's new cases. Would you say this is the best case available in that price range??
    i5 2500k @ 4.8 gHz. 1.3v..................Q9650 @ 4.0 gHz.
    Kingston Hyper 1600mHz 4gb..........XMS3 1600mHz 4gb
    Asus P8P67 Pro B3...........................790i Ultra FTW
    XFX 5970 BE + XFX 5850..................GTX 260 2xSLI
    CM Hyper 212/Thermalright HR-03...Scythe Mugen II
    CM Cosmos S Modified......................NZXT H2
    Custom Maple Gaming Case

Registered
    I'm liking the white - Really sets off the motherboard if it has a decent colour scheme :-)
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
    CPU - Core i7 930 @ 3.8GHz w/ Noctua C14 (Stable)
    RAM - 6GB Patriot Sector 7 @ 1600MHz
    GPU - ASUS GeForce 9800GTX+ Top 512MB
    Storage - 2x 128GB Samsung PM810 SSD, 2x 500GB WD Green 7200rpm
    Case - Coolermaster HAF-X
    PSU - Corsair VX550w
    OS - Windows 7 Professional x64
    Peripherals - Logitech G15 Keyboard v2 + MS IME 3.0
    Screen(s) - 2x 23" Dell ST2310
    Sound/Speakers/Headphones - Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty/Logitech X-230/Steelseries Siberia v2

Release Date

Does anyone have any idea when these cases are set to hit the internet shelves? I've been looking everywhere, and all I can find is "sometime in April."

There's also a black version of this though.. Which I think looks far nicer. It goes nicely with the white fans giving it that accent. But I've always prefered black over white in terms of cases.. My P180 Mini is the black version, not white XD.
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/
    Motherboard - Asus Z87i Pro
    CPU - Pentium G3258 Unlocked, 4.2ghz @ 1.2v + Noctua U9B-SE2
    RAM - 16GB G Skill Ares 1866CL10
    GPU - EVGA GTX 750 Ti
    Storage - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB + 960Gb Crucial SSD
    Case - Ncase(Lian Li) M1
    PSU - Silverstone SFX 450W Gold Modular
    OS - Windows 8.1
    Peripherals - Leopold FC700R Graphite Brown MX + G700s
    Screen(s) - Dell U2711
    Audio - Audioengine 5+ + Audioengine D1 + Wharfdale SW150 /w Shure SRH 1840 Headphones

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front
    Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Its at newegg now.

As far as best in its price range.. .Im not sure what every case is available in that price range... nut it should be up there with its neat feature set.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

I purchased this case for my new build that I built a few months back and can say i am very pleased with it. I used to be a fan-oholic and my old setup was on the loud side with the 10+ fans all running. My wife wasn't a big fan of the noise either. After building my new rig in this case I haven't heard a peep from here about noise and even at times i have to double check that I pressed the button when turning it on as it is that quite.

For the price it was a no brainer for me to buy and now reading this review after i agree fully.