• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Family Pack - Only One Product Key?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I just received the Windows 7 Family Pack that is intended to upgrade three PCs. It only came with a single Product Key. I was expecting three Product Keys. Is only one Product Key correct?

Is Win7 the same as XP where you can install it over and over even after the initial three as long as it is still only 3 computers running it? I usually have to call these days when I do a hardware change but is 7 the same way?

Yes, you get a single product key that can be activated on up to three different PCs.

I bought the family pack and have it installed on three PC's. I have reinstalled it four times on my main rig (changing hard drives) and two out of those four times I've had to call, once the automated thing worked and the other time I had to talk to someone. No biggie, it takes all of five minutes then it's good to go.

Back