• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does M4A77TD support Physx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
An ASUS M4A77TD is a motherboard. It can't not support a Physx card.

Bottom line: Yes.

Online says i have a pci-e x16 plus two standard pci-e slots but i dont see the two standard pci-e's.. the only slots that have room thats not covered up by the pci-e x16 are slots smaller than what my card can fit into. I guess there's no way to physx my rig.

Online says i have a pci-e x16 plus two standard pci-e slots but i dont see the two standard pci-e's.. the only slots that have room thats not covered up by the pci-e x16 are slots smaller than what my card can fit into. I guess there's no way to physx my rig.
You can put a PCI-e 1x card in a 1/4/8/16x slot.

Your board has it, what exact model do you have? There are two different versions and both have a PCI-e 1x as the very first slot.

I heard the main gpu should always be on the first top slot. Is that true or false? I had no idea the pci-e x1 is that small.. you supposed to slot it in and let the rest hang out?

If the card is a 1x, then it will fit in that slot.

Why do you need Physx anyway? It has been proven to be extremely low increases in performance, if any. Any recent GPU will be able to do it on the card with almost no hit to performance.

Im physxing cuz im buying a 560 ti to replace my gts 250 and i dont want it just sitting there collecting dust with nothing to do. I guess if the performance is negligible then ill let it rest until i build my new rig which will utilize sli 560's and drop the gts 250 back into my old computer.

It is going to take power, be difficult to get working, create heat and give you no noticeable benefits in a game. Not worth it, just sell the card or use it in another computer.

ive ran physx cards along with my main card but have since remove it. Your main card is in the first slot and the physx card is in the second slot for it to operate so two pci e slots. If you have plenty of fast cpu cores the differance is about 10fps or less from running your proc for physx calculations vs the gpu. Rule of thumb is half the shader cores of the main card as a min or it could cause your system to run even worse. My 280gtx with 250gts doing physx playing mafia2 on the high settings and physx set to high was like 14fps with 3d vision enabled but even without 3d it would only average 24fps or very unplayable. I tried with my 560ti and my own oc with my 280gtx as physx and i had an average of 45 fps (same settings) without 3d and that was just do-able.

It can add alot to a game if your looking for it but really, unless someone is pointing everything out, most effects will be overlooked during gaming.

If my 560ti cant handle bf3 its going to become a glorified physx card when Nvidia refreshes their lineup...................if any other games ever decide to use it again and theres nothing coming down the line that i know of this year.

Back