• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Build Log: Water & Wood

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys, I got nominated for bit-tech's MOTM! :D

Vote for me please :thup:

"Bit" what? Never heard of that site. :shrug:

Is there a prize? It looks a bit dubious to me. They even have a mod from there nominated? :confused: Plus casting your own custom parts is not really case modding IMHO.

If it's just for fun then I guess it's all good. :thup:

Your's is the best one I've saw there!

Thanks Owen, bit-tech is a UK based site and is well known in the modding community....thanks everyone for the support :salute:

Thanks, too much work. I miss the headset and the tracking. Take off with Falcon, climb to 5000', go upside down, look straight up, see the ground.

Mechwarrior was amazing. Till the 640x 480 res of the VIO heasets was surpassed by games with SVGA.

Still waiting for the next wave, getting closer............

Still, very cool MIA.

Easy call....ONLY IF YOUR A DIEHARD SIM FAN.....I'm a sim fan, but this is a HUGE learning curve for me...The first tutorial takes about 30 minutes, and would literally take me 4 or 5 times to learn well....what does it cover??? Starting the engines (seriously) :eek:

Easy call....ONLY IF YOUR A DIEHARD SIM FAN.....I'm a sim fan, but this is a HUGE learning curve for me...The first tutorial takes about 30 minutes, and would literally take me 4 or 5 times to learn well....what does it cover??? Starting the engines (seriously) :eek:

Fantastic.

Do you think it takes your kind of hardware to pull it off, or would a pair of 5850's do for an eyefinity set up?

Its a pretty hefty game. I can keep it locked at 60fps...but my GPU usage is between 80 and 95% during gameplay. But I also have the settings cranked to the max. With medium setting, your crossfire setup should do fine. I'm also playing at 2560x1600, what res is your monitor?

Hey Miah, I've got a question for you on this setup.

I'm doing a build similar (3xGTX580 reference cards, Z68X-UD7 and 2600k) to yours. I am wondering how you like the performance of the SLI waterblock from EK that you have? How easy was it to setup? Any leaks or other issues? I'll be grabbing EK full-cover blocks for this setup, so an EK SLI "waterbridge" would be perfect for this setup.

I noticed there is "Parallel" and "Serial" EK bridges... Which one did you use?

Any info you could provide would be awesome :D
If it's too off-topic for this thread, feel free to PM me your response.

First off...check my water block assembly post.

I like the EK blocks...and I hear the newer ones don't need the plastic spacers, which is my only real complaint with assembly. Performance is excellent :thup:

I used the parallel bridge

I know this was while back but that enermax is a beast, Damn 1600w on 1050w psu. Crazy. If that enermax can do that I know I can run 2 6990's on my pc power n cooling 1kw lol. (I been debating if I should do it or not, my system config will push about 980w with 2 6990s)

Yes, I think its pulling even more now, as I've been able to get it running well without shutting down....but I lost my kill-o-watt so I cannot verify right now.

Back