• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sickness

Registered
how can I determine if my video card is going bad? since last night it would flicker and words in game would not show up it. its a his 6870.

thanks

You could use a program like FurMark to place a very heavy load on the video card. This won't single out the video card, but it can give some tell-tale signs.

You want to do the burn-in, not the benchmark. The benchmark doesn't run long enough to give any indication of stability.

How long until other games had issues? As long as the temperature is within spec, I'd run it for an hour or two.

sometimes i have issues on startup and in games it would just be a few minutes in. on start up it would be like rainbows of colors just flashing

If it works ok in Furmark, it probably isn't the card. That is odd it would only do it under no load (assuming that you've tried full load).

You could try another power supply or try the video card in another system to see if it follows. You could also try completely removing and reinstalling the drivers to make sure there wasn't something wrong with them.

well as of this morning i have no problems, i only ran the furmark for like 30 mins
if something is wrong will the screen go crazy in furmark

You could see artifacts, full system lockups, crashing, etc. There are too many to list. It is easier if you let us know what happens.

Back