• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate you manu2b!! if only it was that easy for me...

hate is a strong word bro. envy or jealous would be the right one. anyway just use this config

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o (POOL SERVER AND PORT GO HERE) -u (USERNAME) -p (PASSWORD) -I 14

I ALSO noticed that if you try to set thread concurrency a little higher while only at 2gb (like above 8192), it will crash. so 4gb or more would make it work right.

anyway, after you have done that, go into AMD catalyst and overclock the core clock and memory clocks a bit. set power limit to 20 percent and it should run fine.

works for me :)

so im getting the same error as before (1 GPU disabled)
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)

the BIOS sees 5 GPUs
the mobo is Evga x58 SLI LE
it disables the same slot every time no matter which GPU it is
im thinking is a BIOS thing
maybe im maxing the lanes out?
ideas
maybe a setting in the bios?
windows update?

so im getting the same error as before (1 GPU disabled)
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)

the BIOS sees 5 GPUs
the mobo is Evga x58 SLI LE
it disables the same slot every time no matter which GPU it is
im thinking is a BIOS thing
maybe im maxing the lanes out?
ideas
maybe a setting in the bios?
windows update?

is it an intel board? or AMD board? i read somewhere that AMD processors have more PCIE lanes than an intel processor.

is it an intel board? or AMD board? i read somewhere that AMD processors have more PCIE lanes than an intel processor.

its a evga x58 SLI LE board
that's a 1366 socket IE intel
Maybe pci-e bandwidth is not enough...using risers and x1 slots?

Try BAMT Linux: https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php?topic=2924.0

this is what Im using from left to right
last slot (SLot 4)
its a PCIe x8 a 7950 is directly plugged in no riser
2nd to last slot its a PCIe x4 (slot 3)
it has a x8 Riser that leads into a 7950
PCIe slot 2 its a PCIe x8
it has a 6970 plugged in
then PCIe x1 slot (only one) has a riser to a 6950
last slot far right which is the main slot
is a PCIe x16 which has a PCIe x 16 riser

BAMT
I tried the LTC version of that and I cant get it to work right I gave up

its a evga x58 SLI LE board
that's a 1366 socket IE intel

this is what Im using from left to right
last slot (SLot 4)
its a PCIe x8 a 7950 is directly plugged in no riser
2nd to last slot its a PCIe x4 (slot 3)
it has a x8 Riser that leads into a 7950
PCIe slot 2 its a PCIe x8
it has a 6970 plugged in
then PCIe x1 slot (only one) has a riser to a 6950
last slot far right which is the main slot
is a PCIe x16 which has a PCIe x 16 riser

BAMT
I tried the LTC version of that and I cant get it to work right I gave up

well if it doesnt work in BAMT linux...try swapping a drive with an empty one, install windows, and try again. if it still dosent work then either a bios update or sending the board back (if its still good) might help...or you could be an AMD board since it has more PCIE lanes :D

i have a question, if i CPU min LTC, would it go faster? LTC or Scrypt mining is suppose to make use of the MEMORY bandwith right?

If you are going to CPU mine, try out the new primecoin.

My motherboard on my main mining rig died, hopefully my GPUs survived. Water is hard on this stuff....

alright guys heres a little update :) and i dont hate you (G{in}[AK)TION] i just wish i was you lmao

iv flashed 3 bios's so far and one of them got me to 600khs :) so im getting somewhere! but my "magic" number is no where near the .6 ratio everyone says... for example i get the 600khs at 1120core and 1400mem.... i can go all the way to 1650mem on this bios and wont change the khs the only way i can get 600 is with the core at 1120 kinda weird....

ima keep flashing this card and see how high i can take it... ill report in a bit...and thanks for everything

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat...how much system memory and thread concurrency/intensity?

right now im running it at 8192 when i go higher i get less khs and i have 8gb do you think thats enough to run windows and 2 cards mining? i dont have a dedicated mining pc yet.... and intensity is at 13 i tried 14 but it took me down to 300 so i didnt bother going higher

right now im running it at 8192 when i go higher i get less khs and i have 8gb do you think thats enough to run windows and 2 cards mining? i dont have a dedicated mining pc yet.... and intensity is at 13 i tried 14 but it took me down to 300 so i didnt bother going higher

post your cgminer.conf file(edit out your credentials) maybe we can take a look and help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back