• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
back to mining primecoin again. this time im getting 820 on the C2D. gonna leave it alone for a few days and see how it works out.

EDIT: also, i start work on the 30th :D

You're late to the party, it works but it's expensive to do that.
It's cheaper to spend 1000usd in Amazon EC2 large server instances (cloud servers you can rent and configure to mine for you)
Many are already doing that and made insane profits.

Where is the best place to cash out? I registered at mt gox and had my account verified, then read that they no longer support dwolla transactions as of May.

I have about 1 bitcoin to sell.

Why is the suggested sell rate about 9 dollars less than the current price on mt gox? I noticed this on coinbase as well.

That's sort of like asking why a stock did something. There isn't a solid answer.
It's the best known and has the best/longest reputation so more people go there to buy is my guess.

Because it is getting harder to withdraw cash at the moment, than to buy bitcoin and transfer btc out. Although Mt. Gox has almost always been a higher price.

The suggested sell rate = the highest bid. They suggest that rate because it will get you an instant market transaction. There is no "current price" on MTgox (or any other exchange). They use the "Last trade", the "high for the day", the "low for the day", and then an assortment of other weighted averages. To see the actual bids, you can check some place like bitcoin.clarkmoody.com.

In order to get an immediate sale of your BTC, you would want to set your sell price = to the bid price, and that is what MTgox is suggesting.

Last edited:
I had to steal this one from XS, but it was fitting.

SNEMOTICON13.gif SNEMOTICON13.gif SNEMOTICON13.gif

If you're unsure of anything, post in here. I would assume you lost at least 5% by trading before today.

I've done worse... had I kept the 400 coins I bought back in 2011 when it was at 3 bucks a coin, I would made a ton of money on May...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back