• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright masters of Bitcoin, it seems that p2pool is starting to attract some heavy hitters with their equipment.

Anyone know a better pool right now? I'm getting roughly 0.02 to 0.008 btc with just my one 5870. I came down from .05 to .02 btc once the new guys showed up in the pool.

Deepbit. Running 24/7 with a mild overclock you should be seeing at least 0.2BTC a day. What's your hash rate?

Man, I see this price and wonder where I cash out.....

Do I cash out now at a good profit or hold out for more?

I Kind of think that it may peak a little before it halves, just because everyone is thinking the same thing. Then I think it will go down as everyone tries to take profit, then very slowly stArt going up again.

Alright masters of Bitcoin, it seems that p2pool is starting to attract some heavy hitters with their equipment.

Anyone know a better pool right now? I'm getting roughly 0.02 to 0.008 btc with just my one 5870. I came down from .05 to .02 btc once the new guys showed up in the pool.

Since obviously no one else uses P2pool, I'll answer this correctly. :p

The increase in pool hashrate (increased approx. 150ghash), means that in the chain of shares used to solve blocks, more users have a more distributed number of shares. Since the payment method for P2pool is PPLNS (pay per last n shares), you only get paid when the pool finds a block, and you only get paid for your shares in the last 24 hours of work. While your payment per block decreased, the pool should find more blocks. The decrease should be offset by more block finding.

Call me curious.

I have been away for some time. Let me see if I remember.

When I started, my wallet was stored on my pc?

I used deepbit and was able to log into my account there just fine.
I have a few btc that are saved up on deepbit. It does appear I lost my wallet.

Suggestions to what I should do.

If you lose your wallet, there is literally nothing you can do other than to try and find it.

Call me curious.

I have been away for some time. Let me see if I remember.

When I started, my wallet was stored on my pc?

I used deepbit and was able to log into my account there just fine.
I have a few btc that are saved up on deepbit. It does appear I lost my wallet.

Suggestions to what I should do.

The only way to lose the wallet is to delete the wallet.dat file in the roaming applications folder under your specific user. Unless you did an operating system reformat, it should still be there. Just download and open the latest wallet client from bitcoin.org.

The only way to lose the wallet is to delete the wallet.dat file in the roaming applications folder under your specific user. Unless you did an operating system reformat, it should still be there. Just download and open the latest wallet client from bitcoin.org.

Yeah. I formatted and I could have swore I backed it up because the tutorial tells you too. lol.

I did restart my deepbit mining while trying to backup my new wallet.

What was with the price swing late in this week? We went up to $15 on mtgox and now we are back down to $9.22.

If I had money in the stock market and this happened, I would be very poor now.

A user named "Pirate" who was running a trust fund for bitcoins with a weekly return of 7% closed up shop with approximately 400k-500k bitcoins and hasn't returned coins to investors as of yet. It's just a panic drop.

Wow people are idiots. A trust fund in a currency with no recourse if the trust is violated? lol.

Well lets hope this panic drop turns around soon.

I've been reading on another forum that a lot of people are moving money into their accounts to buy bitcoins while they're low, so that alone should drive the prices back up. Maybe not $14, but I think over $10 should be back before next Sunday. And then the price will just start the steady climb again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back