• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ok... i know nobody who uses BTC
besides me :p
and for online members are well.. here
i was thinking of making a thread to show who takes BTC as payment in OCF
i will probly PM modder to make sure its ok
what do you think?

They have given their stance before that we can use whatever we want, but since btc has no charge backs, so to speak, they cannot help us in case of a theft or problem with a transaction.

i know all this
but i was thinking maybe a thread so you know wo Takes BTC as payment and those who do not.
because i keep asking ppl and most say no
because besides me i know Bob, Chance, and xsuperbgx take BTC as payment (full or part)

I would guess that the majority of people that are interested, have probably posted in this thread.

Anyone here still do GPU mining? I've given up mining because the electricity cost far exceeds any monetary value that I get from BTC.

Importing a few ASIC miners did cross my mind, but since the shipping costs of bringing them all the way here is too expensive I might have to give up on the whole project.

I'm still mining. I'll be running my gpu's into the ground until I earn less than $30/month, as that is my electrical cost. I reckon I'll be 100% out of mining once the difficulty gets too high from asic, and the block reward halves around Christmas time, basically.

Last edited:
wow , glad i just happen to trade in my btc b4 the drop. just got lucky. waiting for my flippin jalapeno!!! i ordered fairly early i think - cant wait :)

Just started mining a few days ago. The upside for me is that I don't have any utility bills to pay, so it's literally free money. The downside is that I have a GTX680, so at 100MH/s, it'll be a long time before I make 1 BTC. :(

well.... BTC will soon go to 25 a block
i hoping this means 2x the value! but i doubt it......
anyways as long as it goes up im happy because ~10.5 is some what crappy price

wow thats alot! i nlt got a lowly 15 btc but i guess i did start alot later then you did lol.

I've got 78 coins, lost 35 to bitcoinica hack... I have purchased a few things with bitcoins but otherwise I haven't cashed out at all yet.

Last edited:
All told I think my bitcoin income I've cashed out totals around 700-900 bucks. I jumped on a couple alts when the jumping was good, and jumped off them when the jumping was good too.
(I could have made an extra $100 had I stayed on the solidcoin bandwagon about six hours longer, oh well)

I have ~15 I'm sitting on now, unless someone buys a PSU from me with bitcoins or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back