• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, no.
They won't be profitable unless your electricity is in the $0.01/kWh range, or lower.

That Mhash will still be very low. I have a 5850 and a 5830 mining still, and I get approximately .12BTC/day. That's a little over 660mhash/sec.

no only GPUs however you can mine Litecoins with CPU but again GPU are better with that also

I'm so bummed the 8 series cards wont be out anytime soon, looks like gpus might be okay for another 6 months? until butterfly labs ships

If the price keeps going up with the difficulty, GPU mining will be OK. I think there are some asics out from another company though.

There are already shipped ASICs from other companies. I haven't really been following the ASICs much anymore, but the company shipped 200+ 60ghash miners (12 Thash). So I doubt gpu mining will have much longer.

There are already shipped ASICs from other companies. I haven't really been following the ASICs much anymore, but the company shipped 200+ 60ghash miners (12 Thash). So I doubt gpu mining will have much longer.

lol I see that BTCguild one got has 2.300ghz so ya I think someone has something

Yep, and a few other manufacturers. As usual, BFL is well behind schedule while other companies already have products shipped.

Move somewhere with free electricity and convince someone to buy you a 7970 :D

Failing that, buy when it dips and hope you guessed right. It's like a stock market with really low volume and no regulatory oversight at all.

Or convince your local university to foot the electric bill while you experiment...lol

Wow, this last jump in difficulty really hit me. I think I am going to call it quits on mining.
I am probably still profitable with the high price, but getting so little btc per day seems like a big waste.
I also would like to update my 7970 to the new drivers, so that I can run 3dmark and get the gaming performance increases too, but, it seems that the newer drivers are not very good for mining .

I hear you. I'm down to just 670mhash because it's just not worth it anymore. At this point, I just make my money from speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back