• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 5870 + 6950 (unlocked to full shaders) up and running tonight in Win 7 x64, using the Phoenix client in guiminer I'm currently getting a combined 730 hash with nothing overclocked, just by using switches. I found the easy way to do it in windows without dummy plugs, is to just plug one card into your monitor via DVI, and the 2nd in via HDMI (or VGA if you don't have HDMI). That way both cards think they have different monitors attached, and no need for plugs ;)

730Megahash? nice

upclocking the processor, and downclocking memory seems to be the recommended tweaking method. but, your 2 cards are getting about 12x the hashes I get with my 460 clocked to the max.

Only issue i've heard with those ATI cards is poor cooling on the VRMs.

730Megahash? nice

upclocking the processor, and downclocking memory seems to be the recommended tweaking method. but, your 2 cards are getting about 12x the hashes I get with my 460 clocked to the max.

Yea I'm gonna use Afterburner to get the RAM down to around 500MHz on each card. I've still got a HD 5850 to get online, but I'm waiting for a heatsink and PSU to arrive for that setup. Still though, difficulty is going up and the price of coins is only hovering around $15 :eh?:

730Megahash? nice

I think BitCoin is the only DC project that works great on ATI/AMD cards compared to nVidias.... That's why everyone is after them...

Couple of questions...

If you have multiple ATI card, do they have to be in crossfire?
Can you mix 6xxx and 5xxx series cards in the same system?

Very cool! I know there were already a few places that accepted BTC, but more and more places means BTC is taking a strong foothold in the world-wide currency department. ;)

I looked into this a week ago, tried setting up the bitcoin client and some other peice of software to 'mine' solo. I could never get the software to work and lost interest.

I looked into this a week ago, tried setting up the bitcoin client and some other peice of software to 'mine' solo. I could never get the software to work and lost interest.

When I was mining, I was using the pool mining system. It's a bit easier for me since I only had one card. If I had more cards, then I might have mined solo. :shrug: The pools are pretty easy to get running, IMO.

I killed 2 GPU's with bitcoin :(

First time was my fault, sort of. I overclocked while guiminer was running, something I did already and was fine. Then, last week I just used the -f0 command and went to download something when my fans went all the way up and a couple seconds later my displays shut off. I think one of those damn video pop ups is what killed it. I haven't mined since, but now the temptation is coming to me.

Bitcoins

I've been reading about bitcoins on zee interwebs. I've been thinking about getting into it, but I'm not sure what the best way is to get started!

I've had a look on Google, and there seem to be many different ways of going about it. I'd like to be able to use my hardware to generate bitcoins instead of paying for them with real money. I've already got the bitcoin app which I've tried to use but I don't know what to do with it.

What's the quickest way to get into bitcoin mining?

I've been reading about bitcoins on zee interwebs. I've been thinking about getting into it, but I'm not sure what the best way is to get started!

I've had a look on Google, and there seem to be many different ways of going about it. I'd like to be able to use my hardware to generate bitcoins instead of paying for them with real money. I've already got the bitcoin app which I've tried to use but I don't know what to do with it.

What's the quickest way to get into bitcoin mining?

guiminer. Join one of the popular pools (slush's or btcguild probably) and start mining.

How many people here are running this? Maybe everyone could post their mhash and hardware.

I am running a 5870 now for about 400 mhash.
I have a 5770 on the way. I also have another 5870 but the fan is dead. I am trying to get the previous owner to do an RMA for me or I will put a water block on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back